cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 - ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - CPU FAN

rgarcia
Level 7
Dear all,

I don't know if anyone of you has already tried it, but when running windows 8 on my Formula mainboard the CPU fan is continually running on full speed. I already contacted the asus technical team, but all they said to me was, that as soon as win 8 will be released - they will release the customized driver and tools which supports win 8. However in the meanwhile win 8 has already been released, but no adjusted drivers/tools...

So my question to you: Has anyone of you found a work around or a EPU Version which runs on win 8 and is compatible to the IV Formula mainboard?

PS: I know that there is a way to change the fan speed in bios, but this isn't the way I want to fix that problem.
11 REPLIES 11

Area_66
Level 11
I will like to have more info on this too, I read a lot of post from peoples who have CPU running 100 % all the time when the CPU is OC , this on different manufacturers too , My Windows 8 PC is not OC

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do provide quite a bit more information, the key is the type of fan connector.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Area_66
Level 11
HiViz from what I read on other forum it's like the Intel Speedstep is stopping to work when you upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 and you apply OC , peoples complain their CPU work 100 % all the time in the task manager , agin with apply OC, thing return normal if you remove the OC

The problem is, that the EPU Software which regulates the power usage of the mainboard, is not compatible to windows 8.
Therefore all devices are running with their full power.

@Area 66: I don't know what you mean with OC. I think you speak about overclocking - however my cpu is not overclocked.

So normally everything I need, is a fix EPU Software Version which is compatible with win8 an the crosshair IV formula...

Area_66
Level 11
rgarcia, uninstall the EPU software, speedstep will do the job, I don't use Asus software on my PC, only the drivers.
yes I was referring to Overclocking, but it's a different problem of your's

Well Speedstep is an Intel technologie for Intel CPUs.
The Crosshair IV Formula is a mainboard for AMD CPUs.

Therefore this isn't a solution 😉

Area_66
Level 11
lol , I have other thing in my mind, so "Cool and Quiet " will do the same job , just remove the EPU software

I already tried this but unfortunately it doesn't change nothing. I also checked Bios, but the necessary options was already activated ( Cool and Quiet, ACPI Support)....

Area_66
Level 11