cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pissed to no end

Holy
Level 7
Alright twice my mobo has found a way to crash my raid setup. it would be fine but the god damn fact that i can get into intels drive formatter to fix it is really pissing me off i have tried for a total of a month to get into it again for the third drive so i have something more than my 90gb boot drive.
Yes don't tell me to press ctrl+I like i have for the past month.
Sabertooth z77
I7 3770k
16gb corsair vengeance ram
gtx 670+ gtx 660(physics)
90gb vertex 3
2x 320gb seagate hdds.

Some one help me before i say f it and return then whole setup to micro center and build a new one.

im running Windows 8
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Here is what I would do.

Clear CMOS - yeah start with factory settings, and hopefully clear out any corrupted code that might have been present.

Make sure your RAID drives are in the same SATA ports that you used to create the array - the Intel one of course. 🙂

Power up - F1 to enter BIOS.

Leave everything on defaults for now, no over clocking.

Navigate to the SATA section in the advanced menu, set your Intel SATA ports to RAID.

Now F10 ane enter.

You should all things being equal now be able to access your Intel Raid controller.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Holy
Level 7
Yes thank you. But as a heads up on the z77 sabertooth its del to enter bios.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod

Holy wrote:
Yes thank you. But as a heads up on the z77 sabertooth its del to enter bios.

Heads up to someone who did not do a clear CMOS after a CMOS clear it is F1 to access the BIOS. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

you have me at a draw? i have always used del to enter bios on this mobo. the splash screen agrees and the manual does also?
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod

Holy wrote:
you have me at a draw? i have always used del to enter bios on this mobo. the splash screen agrees and the manual does also?

🙂 All good mate, but normally when you do a clear CMOS the motherboard is reset to factory settings. That means the CPU is initialized as for the first time. That is why the F1 comes up on the splash screen. And not sure if this has relevance I am only talking from a PC motherboard perspective, heck I do not even know where the Clear CMOS bottom would be on a laptop.

My comment was more in appreciation of your obvious sense of dry humour which I quite like.