cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX fans blowing at 100% capacity

Monolith
Level 7
Hello!

Just a couple of hours ago I used my laptop to record some music with my friends. When I got back home I booted up my laptop again and I noticed how the fans charged at 100% capacity right from the start and wont go back to a "normal" state. Doesn't matter what I do on the computer, the two fans on the back are blowing like mad.
I've never experienced this before. Also the fans haven't been blowing like this EVER even when playing games etc.
So I checked the temperatures with SpeedFan and everything seems cool at around ~40 C. Also checked my power settings and they're at my default settings for High Performance and Entertainment, still nothing changes when I swtich between them (about the fans that is).

I've never had any issues with this laptop at all (bought it in january this year), but Im curious cause I've never heard the fans act like this.

The laptop is completely cool, but the fans are working like mad without a reason.

I've never overclocked the computer either. Only used it for games such as League of Legends and internet browsing / movies etc.

Any clues?

Regards!
12 REPLIES 12

wistryker
Level 7
I am having the same problem on a G73. The fans run at 100% from the dtart up and never slow dawn at all. Trying to find out also what to do to cure the problem.

wistryker wrote:
I am having the same problem on a G73. The fans run at 100% from the dtart up and never slow dawn at all. Trying to find out also what to do to cure the problem.

Man that sucks. I have no clue at all about this. Been using it like I normally do, some games every now and then, and suddenly wrooooooooooooooooooooooooom times infinity when I rebooted it.

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer 🙂

Alright this is weird. I turned it off, pulled out the battery, waited for a couple of minutes, put it back in and booted. Now its back to normal and apparently installed some Windows Updates. Dunno if its solved permanently - I'll let you know

I own a G53SX and have never had problems with it. The fans are never that loud, even when playing games like Quake IV. Hope that it fixes it for you. It is possible that the fan controller got confused and pulling the battery cleared it. :confused:.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
I own a G53SX and have never had problems with it. The fans are never that loud, even when playing games like Quake IV. Hope that it fixes it for you. It is possible that the fan controller got confused and pulling the battery cleared it. :confused:.

Yeah I guess so. I've rebooted it a couple of times now and it's back to normal again. No loudness what so ever. I'm relieved 🙂

How's it going for you Wistryker?

I've been having this same issue as well. Internal temps are 39-40C, fan on at 100% constantly. Seems like this has been happening to a fair amount of users.

So far the only responses I've found are "I don't have this issue, so I don't know why you have it," "check your temperature," or "get new hardware."

Tried editing the BIOS to change the temperature settings, but that didn't have an effect.

phandaal wrote:
I've been having this same issue as well. Internal temps are 39-40C, fan on at 100% constantly.

How have you determined your fan is running at 100% ? I've noticed on HWINFO64, one sensor reports the GPU Fan at 100% all the time, but the EC Sensor, which reports both CPU and GPU Fan speeds in RPM, has accurate values that indicate much less. 100% Fan Speed is 3500+ RPM.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
How have you determined your fan is running at 100% ? I've noticed on HWINFO64, one sensor reports the GPU Fan at 100% all the time, but the EC Sensor, which reports both CPU and GPU Fan speeds in RPM, has accurate values that indicate much less. 100% Fan Speed is 3500+ RPM.

Let's put it this way, if it isn't 100%, then I'd hate to see what 100% actually is.

This laptop has been one of the quietest machines I've ever owned up until this point, even while playing games. Used to be it would cycle the fan up to max for a second or two right after I hit the power button and then the fan would drop down to its usual quietness. Now it stays at the max permanently.

The fans on my G73Sw are running at 5280 rpm. Hope I find a solution soon to the problem.