Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

COD i got tired of after a short time, started whit BFBC2 and LOVED it and after that to BF3.
    i was in to BF2, but not mutch since i sucked at the game :P
    played more CS then BF2 back then.
    and there are loads stil playing BC2.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

dave I currently play quake(10+ years), quakelive.com and cs-global offensive
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    COD i got tired of after a short time, started whit BFBC2 and LOVED it and after that to BF3.
    i was in to BF2, but not mutch since i sucked at the game :P
    played more CS then BF2 back then.
    and there are loads stil playing BC2.
    BC2 was very good, with BF2, it take forever to level up

ROG Member Array

I am intrested

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Hey RoG,

upon recent investment in an Asus R4F bf3, i received a free copy of BF3 which i don't need because i already have an account you see.

So far I have been thrilled with Asus as my first ROG purchase. The build quality is superb (the online pictures of the board don't do it any justice). Feature-wise, this board is packed to the brim and absolutely everything about the board has been wonderful, especially regarding power delivery. Overclocking has been an absolute breeze with rock solid results. I highly recommend this board, and i am glad i chose this over the extreme 9.

Basically, i wanted to give something back to the ROG community. We are all at an advantage to be here.

So, if you are interested in battlefield 3 you need only reply and i will randomly select the winner by the 16th of nov.

the only criteria for eligibility is that you don't already own a copy e.g. someone that is building a new gaming rig may benefit more -$50 for total expenditure.

The winner shall be notified here and via pm. The winner has the option of being sent the redeemable coupon by letter or simply sent the serial key via email.

best of luck to you all and happy gaming.

Daveo
    Hi there,
    I am new to this forum and I just recently built my ROG Rig and I am just getting into PC gaming. Id love to win that copy of Battlefield to not only play with all of you but to really test out what my new rig can do. Thank you for the oppurtunity.

Here is a pic of my new rig!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	13708
    - i7-3930K (6 core)(OC 4.25)
    - Asus Rampage IV Extreme mobo
    - 32gb 1866 DDR 3 Dominator GT Ram
    - Force GT 240gb SSD
    - (2) SLi EVGA nVidia Geforce GTX 680 2gb DDR 5 Super Clocked
    - Corsair AX1200i power supply
    - Corsair H100 liquid CPU heat sink
    - Corsair Obsidian 800D case

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

kkn- loved bc2. i miss the gol and especially the at4.

sectionate- quake? geez is that still going?! that rail gun was vicious and i loved that map (forget the name) where you're in space with those platforms and boosts. do you remember heretic and hexen?
    fps isn't what it used to be thats for sure. It's better and worse.

np knackers shoot me a pm.

kb0sdq/silversmoke - great ive added you to the list!

nice setup btw, i have a similar setup. good choice

ok correct me if i have missed anyone. so far we have:

nackers
    hafiz
    zero cool
    markl
    sectionate
    kb0sdq
    silversmoke
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos bf3.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Cool Bf3

I would love a copy of BF3. I also love your generosity! I do not own BF3, only CS:GO and have been wanting to play BF3 ever since my friend recommended that I test my G55VW with a more graphically challenging game

Cheers,
    Pwnstar

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

sectionate- quake? geez is that still going?! that rail gun was vicious and i loved that map (forget the name) where you're in space with those platforms and boosts. do you remember heretic and hexen?
    fps isn't what it used to be thats for sure. It's better and worse.
    Daveo , ya still playing quake after all these years -> quakelive.com its free though userbase is hit and miss. If you have/create an account send me an invite "adderall" . Its a shame consoles took over the fps gaming,fast fps is the only way to play them. I did play heretic/hexen over the modem with a friend of mine. Hexen was quite fun, after that quake 2 lithium ctf bind v use +grapple
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

well i have to say its both hard and weird to go back to BC2 when playing BF3 realy.
    2 diffrent games, and diffrent setups.
    tried it a few times and its not the same movements and options you have in bf3 hehe.
    just the zoom option is diffrent. same with prone, none :P , running you cant strafe.
    i dident have menny hours logged in it but it was funn while it lasted
    and i miss the 12.7mm in the BF3 that they had in BC2. :P ( BOOM )

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Pwnstar, i have added you to the list along with johnny holmes, peter north and rocco sifredi LOL jk gl with the draw.

sectionate- i will have to look into that, i'll give you a shout once i have created an account cheers. Regarding console vs pc gaming, you're right it had a massive impact for gamers and the market in general but there was an advantage to this; at least it divided skillsets evenly into the corresponding pc/console categories. the level of competition became "standardized" for players because the controller inputs were the same and specific to each category. However, there are many players that use pc-compatible console controllers and i feel this is going against tradition. Those damn charletons *waves fist in the air* jk

Back in the day it used to be point and click kills, mostly 1 hits, and great players were determined only by their reaction speeds. Now, there's a kind of layered complexity with game physics and appearance that kind of breeds an advantage for those running more capable systems... not to mention you could get owned by a 12 year old whereas on the modern battlefield those with actual combat experience will be untouchable without ever needing to destroy every player in order to win. I can see why cod was popular, in a way it kind of remained true to the roots of fps.

Capture the flag will always be the best and i loved the classic titles of old that actually allowed both sides to run off with the flag simultaneously. If you died, there it remained until it was found. and you couldn't capture the opposing flag if yours was "still out" LOL if you want a laugh check out codenameutbreak. the original name was venom. this i believe was one of the first ever games to use the prone system too.

kkn- i've been tempted to reinstall it but i think it will mess with my bf3 mojo too much lol.

merely hours to go before the draw. im in australia its 11.15pm now so it will be friday in 45 mins lol.

last call for entries.

draw will commence at 6am (a little sooner yay).

Daveo
    Last edited by Daveo; 11-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Ya right as much as I loved BFBC2, I rarely go back since BF3 release

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast