Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb bios flashback up date in asus maximus v extreme

akprasan
Level 7
Hi friends,

SUB:- USB BIOS FLASHBACK UPDATE IN ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME MOTHER BOARD

I have seen in various discussion and forum that updating USB BIOS FLASKBACK is a little tricky and complicated procedure like converting ROM to CAP file, renaming the CAP file and copying the file to a USB drive etc. If it is not done in the proper manner, it will back fire and can affect the Bios a lot and thus making the mother board unstable. In some forum I read “if you are not hundred percent sure about how to do it, then do not try for it”.
I made the cap file and copied into a USB pen drive, but I am not sure whether the procedure I did is correct or not and so afraid to update the bios flashback. In this regard I seek some expertise advice on updating the USB BIOS FLASHBACK with a full layout in writing. It will help me and so many others in updating their bios in their ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTEME motherboard.

Kind Regards
akprasan
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I ask why you wish to use the Flashback procedure.

What is the problem with the normal way of flashing the BIOS using the EZflash2 tool? It can be found in the BIOS in the tools section.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
If the BIOS Flashback doesn't find the right file it won't try to flash it. Simple as. That means if it's renamed wrong or the checksum doesn't equate. You can always just go into the BIOS and use EZ Flash - same thing but with GUI 🙂

Not only does it come with a "Renaming"-Tool to make it as easy and safe as possible,
it is next to impossible to screw your BIOS using the Flashback-method.

i know this, because i tried to Hot-Flash a faulty P8P67-EVO Bios-Chip on my Gene-V as a host.
Hot-Flashing works with EZ-Flash w/out any problems. So, in theory - it should work via Flashback as well.
But NO .. you can't get past the PID-Checks - and you cannot force it.
.. and you believe me, i tried hard to force it on there 🙂

So much for "unsafe" ir "unreliable"

.. Hot-Flashing using EZ-Flash works w/out any problems.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
If the BIOS Flashback doesn't find the right file it won't try to flash it. Simple as. That means if it's renamed wrong or the checksum doesn't equate. You can always just go into the BIOS and use EZ Flash - same thing but with GUI 🙂

and that name should be?