New ROGer Array

Cleaning G53SX Fan

Hello!

I bought my G53SX-DH71 like 7 months ago and its temperature used to be really low but now it started to overheat.
    I spoke with the guy who sold me the notebook and he said it is the fan that is probably dirty. He said I could disassemble the computer to clean it but I have watched a video on youtube where the guy uses a hair drier to blow into the fan exit, a lot of dust came off... Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...ture=endscreen

Can I do that?

Thank you,
    Lupo.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Yes, but not with hot air....the hair dryer probably had a cold air only setting. Or use a vacuum cleaner.... can of compressed air...but best is to open her up and clean it....not hard just a few screws.

New ROGer Array

The guy who sold me the computer said i would have to disassemble it completely in order to reach the fans...
    I am kinda worried that after taking it apart i wont be able to reassemble it, so the compressed air option is the best option in my case.

I just have a problem now, how do I open the backpanel?? I tried watching a couple videos couldn't understand them.

Thanks

go to the notebook section and see what they say there, there are loads that have laptops there and will give you the help you need

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

As far as I see from tutorials and YouTube videos, it is almost a nightmare to clean a G53 Cpu or Gpu fan (I have G53JW) which requires detaching many parts including screen cable and hinges. It is simply a nightmare, and I can't beleive that Asus has made such a crappy design which makes this notebook uncleanable ny a normal home user, it is not self-servicable. G73 is way easier as it has bigger backcover and also way easier to upgrade. Damn...
    Last edited by kimiraikkonen; 10-24-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    ASUS G53JW-XA1