Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a HWID Change

exilegod
Level 7
Hey ROG Forums,

Im not very tech saavy in general 😞

i was playing a game and was banned and apparently according to many people HWID banned as well.
I've done a bit of research, but i was wondering whats the best way to go about changing my HWID?
I'm not too interested in doing a complete reformat of my computer, maybe installing a different OS on my computer might help?
Any suggestions/tips/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
8 REPLIES 8

cl-scott
Level 12
If they did indeed ban your HWID, then you're pretty much stuck. Even reloading Windows wouldn't really be a guarantee of a new one. Also, as a general rule, more reputable forums like this one won't be too friendly to assisting you avoid a ban from some other place.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
if my assumption is correct, you were banned at a MAC ADDRESS level which means basically, you're stuffed...sorry

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
if my assumption is correct, you were banned at a MAC ADDRESS level which means basically, you're stuffed...sorry

A format or even a new OS won't change a thing, there is pretty much no way that I can think of to change your MAC ADDRESS.

some people have said that they've been able to get past it by reloading their OS

and the specific game is APB reloaded

Skull6
Level 10
It would be better to just try to argue your case to the mods/ masters of the game servers...if you can.

It would be even better to not give the mods/ masters a reason to consider such a ban.

"Rules is rules."
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

fostert
Level 12
exilegod wrote:
i was wondering whats the best way to go about changing my HWID?

If by HWID you mean your MAC address, then spoofing MACs has ben around for a long time. Its dead simple to do in Linux; bring your network offline, type:

ifconfig eth0 down hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:01
(where 00:00:00:00:00:01 is your new desired MAC)

and bring your network back up (i.e. "ifconfig eth0 up" ).

There are also ways of spoofings MACs in Windows, though I wouldn't know how directly; see http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/changemac or google spoofing MAC address in Windows.

I have spoofed my MAC on several occasions, to fool cranky license managers that decided not to allow my legitimately purchased software to run because they couldn't find the license servers onthe network.

Ultimately its best to look at the cause of why your MAC was banned, rather than trying to get around it with tricks that you are obviously not experienced with.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

X-ROG
Level 15
Very sorry we don't condone this type of request. Suggest you take it up with ABP.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Why were you banned? If they got spam/DDoS from your computer, scan it for viruses with a good AV program. If you were cheating, then we endorse their punishment. If you think that you did something by mistake rather than deliberately, try talking to the game masters/mods about getting re-instated. If they do decide to be merciful, I would suggest being on your best behavior and giving no one the slightest hint of fishy business.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23