cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They finally fire Windows 8 father , el dictator Sinofsky

Area_66
Level 11
What a great day , Sinofsky is gone, they can say what they want ,, but Balmer after seen so many money spent in development and advertising and not producing sales, finally fire Sinofsky. Sinofsky was a tyrant, the employees have no right to say what they think. Peoples told him they don,t like Windows 8, he don't listens...now I guess Microsoft will listens us.

What a great day
37 REPLIES 37

Nackers
Level 15
A great day it is..

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
So when is Micro$haft due to collapse? lmao 😛 :cool:

Gorman
Level 12
Metro is probably the best thing to happen to the stagnant desktop UI since windows were invented.

If you want to blame someone for the heavy integration MS is pushing then blame Apple. MS was prevented from bundling IE back then, but since Apple has been pushing a way heavier integration that means MS can't compete - it's a heavy anti-competitive tactic. I don't blame MS for trying to fight back in this kind of scenario.

W8 isn't the best it can be, but I would not say it is a failure. Metro has been heavily praised, and people will ALWAYS hate on new Windows version during beta, then carry the misconceptions over to final release. It's unavoidable.

@Gorman is right. Notice how the media always loves on the latest Apple junk and criticizes Windows. Its because MS has to actually earn a sale, rather than Apple who gets people to buy Apple products because the company is Apple.

Anyone else switching to LINUX? 😄
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
@Gorman is right. Notice how the media always loves on the latest Apple junk and criticizes Windows. Its because MS has to actually earn a sale, rather than Apple who gets people to buy Apple products because the company is Apple.

Anyone else switching to LINUX? 😄

Your not kidding. My niece came home from Iraq with her 13 inch mac book. And it looked like and it was in a war zone. She wanted to get a new laptop and she asked me to clean it up and sell it for her. this thing was 3 years old at the time and with all the cleaning I could do it still looked like a hunk of crap. put it on ebay and the bids were flying in. sold for near 500 bucks. those folks are retarded.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

speed wrote:
Your not kidding. My niece came home from Iraq with her 13 inch mac book. And it looked like and it was in a war zone. She wanted to get a new laptop and she asked me to clean it up and sell it for her. this thing was 3 years old at the time and with all the cleaning I could do it still looked like a hunk of crap. put it on ebay and the bids were flying in. sold for near 500 bucks. those folks are retarded.

Good point @speed, Apple fanboys are some of the most irrational people you will meet. They think that Macs make them better people personally, which is true, if by "better" you mean "snootier". For those of us with real hardware, LINUX or Windows is the only right way to go.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Good point @speed, Apple fanboys are some of the most irrational people you will meet. They think that Macs make them better people personally, which is true, if by "better" you mean "snootier". For those of us with real hardware, LINUX or Windows is the only right way to go.

Depends what you want to do with your hardware.

I don't have a problem with OSX, it's certified UNIX after all. But it's hard to draw a line between something and the people who support it. My mate does a lot of music stuff for his university, and he seems to think that the kind of programs he need can really only be found on Mac (inb4 "theres always an equivilent" I know I know, I told him that many times "if you buy a PC I'll make it twice as good for half the price", but he insists he's tried 'nux and 'dows alternatives).

Computing is more than just straight out hardware. Actually a mate recently bought a retro Mac, one of the dome ones with the screen on an arm. Looks great. A three year old netbook is pretty close to a 1 year old netbook, and the price might not be too bad (depending on hardware etc). It's hard to judge. A well restored computer won't decrease much in value apart from hardware. It's not cut and dry, that's all I'm saying.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
All purchase descisions have a very large emotional component and a descision once made is accompanied by an emotional response in congratulating oneself on making the correct descision and a kind of emotional bonding to the item purchased.

I concur.

Apple is not a technology company, really they are a fashion company.

Gorman wrote:
Metro is probably the best thing to happen to the stagnant desktop UI since windows were invented.

If you want to blame someone for the heavy integration MS is pushing then blame Apple. MS was prevented from bundling IE back then, but since Apple has been pushing a way heavier integration that means MS can't compete - it's a heavy anti-competitive tactic. I don't blame MS for trying to fight back in this kind of scenario.

W8 isn't the best it can be, but I would not say it is a failure. Metro has been heavily praised, and people will ALWAYS hate on new Windows version during beta, then carry the misconceptions over to final release. It's unavoidable.

Here's a rare event, we actually agree on something. 😄

Metro/Modern UI might not have been the best possible solution, but at least it is an EFFORT to try and break out of the stale mold we've been stuck in for the last 15-20 years. Someone is trying SOMETHING new, not just making minor variations on the same old system which is becoming less and less relevant as the consumer shift is more towards cloud-centric systems that can be used with a myriad of devices.

With a bit of refining to make it a bit better for mouse/keyboard type interactions, Metro/Modern UI could actually become rather interesting.

Now that said, I'd love to see Bill Gates stop protecting Steve Ballmer from the MS board, and get him out of the CEO chair. They don't necessarily need to fire him, I'm sure there are plenty of places in the business where Ballmer could actually be pretty effective, it's just not as the CEO.

cl-scott wrote:
Metro/Modern UI might not have been the best possible solution, but at least it is an EFFORT to try and break out of the stale

come on Windows 8 as never been design with the desktop in mind, they design it to try to sales tablets and phones because Microsoft is out of this market, they just put the phone crap to a Windows 7 OS. No one find a useful Metro Applications to run on the desktop, Metro crap , as I call them, are very basics apps that can't compete with their desktop counterparts, we don't need metro crap in our desktop. I really wonder if some peoples really try it , or they just copy and paste thing they read on the web.

I have 1 pc running with Windows 8 because I have way more not running it, so I can afford to use 1 as guinea pug, usual regular peoples, with less knowledge and who need it for work can't afford this non sense.