cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G74Sx Design Concept

Retired
Not applicable
** Update with new videos for the G74!

Not everyone has the space for a full desktop PC set-up, but not everyone wants a nondescript notebook lurking in the corner of a room, either. Gamers in particular tend to pay close attention to a PC’s appearance, which is why ASUS pays equally close attention to the design of its gaming notebooks.

Later this year, ASUS will unveil the G74Sx — the latest model in its highly regarded range of Republic of Gamers high-performance notebooks for gamers. Extreme performance is a given with any ROG product and, with a choice of 2nd-generation Intel® Core™ processors and NVIDIA® GTX 560M graphics, the ROG G74Sx promises to be a record-breaking portable.

ASUS G74 gaming notebook

Raw horsepower is just one area where the ROG G74Sx scores highly though, and its the array of innovative design touches that really make it stand out. Like previous models in the range, the ROG G74Sx’s exterior is inspired by the clean-cut, low-profile lines of stealth fighter aircraft and, together with the matter black finish, the overriding impression is of a notebook that packs an enormous amount of power, but that isn’t going to brag about it.

G74 Vents

The wedge shaped profile looks like a natural part of this design idea too, but it also has the added advantage of tilting the laptop base upwards by a few degrees to put the keyboard at a more natural angle for typing. The metallic keyboard is both backlit and flex-free, and has both a separate numeric keypad and cursor key cluster for a desktop-like experience.

G74 Side profile

The ROG G74Sx also has a soft-touch wrist-rest to keep hands comfortable during marathon gaming sessions, but finger fatigue is only one concern for hardcore gamers. The other is heat, particularly on a notebook packing high-performance components that generate a lot of it. ASUS, of course, has given this problem plenty of consideration and its solution is as innovative as it is effective.

Rather than use air intakes on the underside that are prone to obstruction by whatever the notebook is resting on, the ROG G74Sx instead uses twin fans to suck cool air through vents at either side of the case. Warm air is then blown through exhausts at the rear, well away from any sensitive body parts that might be in the vicinity. Intelligent fan speed control keeps the ROG G74Sx quiet, too — some 12% quieter than the previous G73Sw model, in fact.

Source: TechinStyle
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
I want one, I love my desktop but, this is just so sexy

Its pretty much identical to the G73z...i dont realy like the whole back part of the G74...the G73 looks more compete than the G74
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice