cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU temperatures

nirO
Level 7
hey guys, just got a new g75vw with those specs

G75VW-T1400D 17.3 "(1920x1080) LED-backlit matte Intel Core i7-3630QM (2.40GHz, 1600MHz, 6MB), Video nVidia GeForce GTX670M 3GB GDDR5 dedicated, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (4x4GB), 750GB HDD 7.200rpm + SSD 256GB

my questions is what temperature does your g75 GPU gets in idle and just about in games, at max setting like (HoN, WoT, Dota2)

and whats the max temp it should go? i mean a stress test
7 REPLIES 7

chiilin
Level 10
Normal max Temperature should be around 75-degrees in bench test in Furmark. Anything over 80 would be too high. I researched this extensively and RMA'd my first G75VW a couple of weeks ago because it was running at 97-degrees (stress test). My new one now only runs at 75-max.

See this thread: "Normal" Temperature for GTX 670M in G75VW?

well see, in Furmark in 5 mins it went to to 82(i did stop it after since i was not sure whats max temp)... and in games kind of heats more up then it should.. and the laptop is new so no dust issues or anything else..

also on idle its at 38-43

any suggestions?

I would go ahead and run a full Furmark 15-min bench test and see what temperature it stabilizes at. I ran my previous, also brand new G75VW and it stabilized at 97-degrees and it didn't melt or anything; but I found out that is too hot and most probably indicated a faulty paste job of the heat sink on the GPU. Actually you don't have to run a full 15-mins, juts wait until the temperature stabilizes (flat lines) at a steady temperature for a few minutes. If it is much higher than 75-degrees, which it looks like it will at least be in the 80's, then call your supplier and RMA it. Tell them exactly what temperature you get because they will probably check you on it (NewEgg checked mine and confirmed what I got). Of course, one thing I didn't mention is that these temps are normal if your ambient room temp is about 70 to 75-degrees FAHRENHEIT (I keep my house at 72). You'll have to adjust what you consider normal if you are in warmer or cooler ambient temps.

I went ahead and bought a new one on my CC in the meantime so I didn't have to wait for the RMA to complete, then when it completed they gave me a refund. You may or may not be able to do this option depending on your finances, etc.

my supplier said not to worries its normal... it normal to get to high temps and if it reaches a critical temp it will shut down. (rofl)

they dont get my point... i dont want to reach that point were it shuts down.. specially when its not normal for this gaming laptop...

but i guess they just say that so i wont send it back .... what can i do now? send a email to assus?

I'll reply in the other thread where you gave more detail of your temp.

Nir0...plz tell me what brand is your SSD?

I also wanna buy G75vw-T1400D and would like to know if the SSD supports TRIMM? Can u give me the specs for the SSD?
Also some feedback about the model, what u don't like about it.

How does this model handles games?

Are u satisfied with it?

Thanks 😄

Besides this fact with GPU that it gets to 85 degrese in 15min FurMark test,

besides that I`ve played WoT, HoN, Dota2, Air Conflicts- Pacific Carriers, Dragon age 2 and on maxed setting without the Anti leasing thing... and it runs good, the GPU goes up 70-75 degrese for WoT for ex

the SSD model is called like this LITEONIT LAT-256M3S very fast.. it boots in 20 secs max

dunno what TRIMM is but u got the model an can google it out lol