cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Audio

Dartist
Level 7
Hello everyone this will be my first post, and your assistance will be greatly appreciated, I've been having a difficult time setting up the digital audio from the Asus Formula V motherboard too my logitech Z5500 speaker setup, too a point that I believe that digital audio does not exist on this board, and the ports are just window dressing, I would like too believe that I'm wrong about this and I'm going about this the wrong way.
There are two digital audio ports on this board one in and one out, I'm not exactly sure why there is a need for a "in" port for this board, but moving along in the manual it indicates that the SPIDF out connection on the motherboard needs a special accessory which is not provided, which is what i thought that I was paying for in the first place, so i was quite put off by this revelation, and the 5.1 analog connection does not function that well sound from all five speakers are not available, and there is terrible distortion that occurs at times, so any assitance in this matter is needed as I have tried every work around that i know of.
4 REPLIES 4

kkn
Level 14
optics out: personaly ive only got stereo on them since i dont know how to set up surround mode ( ive tried on 2 difrent asus motherboards ( some said you have to buy a licensed file from creative? ( i may be wrong ) ) ).
but analog out should work i guess ( ive never tested it ) and the setup in the program that folowed whit the mobo not doing its jobb?
have you seen on the speaker setup options in windows sound properties?
down right on the "speaker" right click and choose speaker options and try and see if you can get some thing in there ( try not change too mutch now )

cl-scott
Level 12
When I look at the MVE board, I see two standard toslink optical ports. Looking at photos for the Z5500 there appears to be a pretty standard toslink optical port on the iPod looking control device. So then all you would need is a toslink cable to connect the two. Below is Monoprice's selection of toslink cables. If you're outside the US you'll need to find some other source, but you'll at least have an idea what the cables should look like.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?spcDB=10229&spcWord=Audio+Cables+-+Optical+Toslink&keyw...

Purelife
Level 7
WIN 7 -64 OR WIN 8 - 64 ?
-sound driver version ?

-for win 7 you can read this for your Z5500
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=353378&highlight=Z5500
-I would use analog ,the cables should be with the z5500

-for win 8 best to google while waiting for more input
MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||HAF932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] ||
8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||SAMSUNG 840PRO 256|||| G15,G13||G9x
PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub

X-ROG
Level 15
Optical S/PDIF out does not need a special accessory - it's right there above the display sockets.

What settings do you have in the Windows sound? Is the switch in the Z5500s set to 6 channel?