Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

How do you keep your laptops cool?

Hi guys,

A bit new here, I was just wondering how you help keep your laptop cool aside from the oversized fans and vents the g series
    has. Do you use laptop coolers or just elevate the laptop?

Another question is that I own a g55, I'm not a particularly techie person so I'd like to ask where is the air intake of this laptop?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Umm i have a g75, but vents are wherever the fan grills are...i mean it's kind of a no-brainer dude..no offense meant!
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

the intake on the g75 is the bottom and the perforated speaker grill on top. my laptop have actually never seen higher that 60c
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    the intake on the g75 is the bottom and the perforated speaker grill on top. my laptop have actually never seen higher that 60c
    He clearly said he has the G55 so that doesn't help him...
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

At the back you have two fan grills, one intakes the other blows the hot air out.

No need to elevate as the air intake is not form the bottom. what you can do is maintain it monthly or every two month from dusts of course depends of your environment.

Not much you can do about cooling but as default its much better than other laptops unless your is overheating.

Thanks,

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

The picture for you reference
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	13860

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    Umm i have a g75, but vents are wherever the fan grills are...i mean it's kind of a no-brainer dude..no offense meant!
    None taken. What I meant to say is that do you guys use other methods to help in cooling your laptops? I'm not very familiar with temperatures but whenever I play games, my CPU gets to about 70-75 degrees and GPU at around 69 degrees. that's in high settings for dota 2, borderlands 2, dishonored and etc. I'm not sure if these numbers are okay, but I am a bit worried.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SUKARA@ASUS View Post
    The picture for you reference
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	13860
    THanks, for this. I do know about the rear vent, I'm just confused on where the intake of the machine is. Is it below the laptop or is it through the keyboards? Because I do know of other laptops that has air inflow by the keyboard

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by StereoROG View Post
    At the back you have two fan grills, one intakes the other blows the hot air out.

No need to elevate as the air intake is not form the bottom. what you can do is maintain it monthly or every two month from dusts of course depends of your environment.

Not much you can do about cooling but as default its much better than other laptops unless your is overheating.

Thanks,
    Missed this one. This clears my question up. Thanks!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

This problem was solved a long time ago for the G74: some people (myself included) thought the intake was one of the grills at the back, with the exhaust being the other grill. That is clearly wrong.

The intake has been shown to be on the laptop's top side, with two small grills located under the open screen right up against the hinge, and next to the two speaker grills (which look nearly identical). I've sucked in clouds of fog from dry ice pellets here just to prove it to myself.

I'm not certain whether this applies to the G75, but it likely does since the chassis did not undergo a real upheavel in design between the two models.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast