cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hay

asus_for_life
Level 7
HEY I NEED HELP IM TRYING TO FIND A REAL GOOD SSD FOR MY PC I NEED IT FOR MY OC PLUSE MY GAMES DOSE ANYONE NO A GOOD ONE I WAS LOOKING AT THE Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB Internal Solid State Drive - 2.5" Form Factor, SATA III, 6Gb/s, E-boost Technology BUT IDK IF ITS ANY GOOD OR NOT AND DOSE ANY ONE NO IF THE ASUS HD 7770 2GB DDR5 GPU WAS ANY GOOD OR NOT I HAD A 550 TI BUT IT SUCKED LOL
21 REPLIES 21

Blitzkreig
Level 10
I think you'd have better luck with a proper thread title and you weren't yelling lol...:p

but the Neutron GTX are top of the line if you have the cash for them. They use a different controller than the popular "Sandforce" that are going around.

There are lots of good SSD's out there though, here is some light reading!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/corsair-neutron-gtx_9.html#sect0
Thanks
-Blitz

Case - Corsair 800D Modified
Mobo – RIVE (Bios 3101)
CPU - i7 3960x C2 4.3 ghz
RAM - 32gb Dominator GT 1866 mhz
GPU - 2 x EVGA 680 GTX FTW 4gb
PSU - Corsair AX1200
SSD - 2 x Intel 520 Series 480gb RAID 0
RAID Controller - LSI 9271-8i with Cache Vault
HDD - 600gb WD Velociraptor 10k RPM
Monitor - 3 x Dell U3011 30"

Cooling - EK CSQ Bay Reservoir - EK Blocks (CPU, GPUx2) - Swiftech MCR320-XP RAD - Swiftech MCP35X2 Pumps

kkn
Level 14
caps = "shouting"
well a ssd will perform bether then a hdd.
personaly i have one for OS and one for games.
and i try to have as minimum as posible amount of data on my OS disk, programs i save on another disk to save space on it.
i use a HDD to save my files as backup and other things.

whats should i use for my os a 120gb and then a 240 for games

Zero_Cool
Level 7
You might also want to check out the Samsung 830 series SSDs they're pretty sweet.

Zero Cool wrote:
You might also want to check out the Samsung 830 series SSDs they're pretty sweet.

The 840's are now out and slightly better...apparently lol

Zero_Cool
Level 7
I didn't know the 840s were out 🙂 Check those out as well.

asus_for_life
Level 7
my bad i forgot my cap lock was on lol ok all check the stuff out

asus_for_life wrote:
my bad i forgot my cap lock was on lol ok all check the stuff out

NO PROBLEM, lol ....raid 0 on the OS drive; make sure to have a fresh restore image someplace else in case you need it , you will gain more space but the speed gain , will make no notifiable difference.

kkn
Level 14
what size you use is up to you and the monney you want to spend.
i have a 120 ssd for os and 2 120ssd's for games so, and a 1TB HDD for file storage.
but that is me.
it all depends on how menny games you have, how big they are+++