cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE USB ports PROBLEM ! ! !

bruc
Level 7
I have problems only with rear USB ports. I am using Storm Sirus 5.1 headset with standalone sound card which has 2 USB. When i speak with my friends over Skype or Team Speak my headset disconnect and reconnect. Its losing my hardware. Then I try to plug USB to my case ( Front USB ports) then everything works fine. If I use any rear USB port USB 2.0 or 3.0 my Sound Card and mouse are loosing. My opinion is that there is low voltage in that ports or I don't know. My BIOS is 3101 version.
32 REPLIES 32

bruc
Level 7
Does anyone have razer megaladon or storm sirus or any kind headset with standalone soundcard connected on this board? If you have tell me how is working and what bios you have? Thanks!

Arniebomba
Level 9
Did you install the latest USB drivers?

All drivers are up to date!

Did you update your drivers for your STORM SIRUS 5.1?
The version on the site maybe more up to date than the ones your using.

Yes. The Latest Drivers are 1.2 win 7 64 bit. I also tryed friends Razer Megaladon and it's the same thing. I don't know why is this happening? If someone have system like that can you reply to my Topic and tell me which BIOS you have. Thanks for advice guys!

SUKARA
Level 10
What kind of front usb interface are you using? usb2.0 or usb3.0?
And
Did you have used the any webcam device?
!

I am using front USB 2.0 also tryed 3.0 and it's working with all of them, rear not. I don't have any web cam or ever installed. The only USB hardware that is installed on my PC is mouse ( Razer Copperhead) and headset ( Storm Sirus 5.1).

Here is a little update. Today I bought i USB hub and guess what? It's working. Can you explain me this? But when I connect directly without HUB then the problem is back, and please can someone explain me PCH USB Skew in bios

I agree Bruc ASUS stuffed up the USB on rear, I have two of these boards and they are both the same.If you have a USB Keyboard USB microphone in you lose your ASUS Xonar Essence One Headphone AMP, it is musical USB ports you will find one combination where you can get them working. I solved this pain in the arse they created by purchasing a PCI-X USB3 internal card from texas instruments. Because unlike asmedia they could get it right. Both boards operate exactly the same so there is something wrong with this boards design. drivers or bios updates have not rectified this. Asus is aware of this issue but is remaining quite as usual