Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM Help

jcaliaga
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I need a little advise,
I purchased a Maximus V Formula with Intel Core i7-2700K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155
I want to add 32GB of ram but I don't want to purchased the wrong memory.
What memory I can purchase compatible with my board and CPU.
I'm planning to do a fresh install of windows 7 Professional

All comments are really appreciated.
Thank you you all !
5 REPLIES 5

TenBlade
Level 11
The manual for your mainboard holds a list of vendors. But it´s scimpy. G.Skill seems to be a favourite choise among many ROG´rs here, the G.Skill website has a memory configurator. Corsair is also widely used.
What do you need all that RAM for? Just curious.
And welcome to the forum!

Also, if you don't have the board manual yet, you can download or view the Memory list here.

As mentioned, there are quite a few Gskill sets that are approved for 32gb.

Cheers!
|| i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz || ASUS P8Z68-M Pro || Cooler Master Hyper 212+ || Kingston HyperX Red 8GB 1600MHZ || Sapphire HD7850 || OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Sata lll (OS) - Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (Programs) - 1TB WD HDD (Data) || OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W 80+ Certified || Rosewill REDBONE ||

TenBlade wrote:
The manual for your mainboard holds a list of vendors. But it´s scimpy. G.Skill seems to be a favourite choise among many ROG´rs here, the G.Skill website has a memory configurator. Corsair is also widely used.
What do you need all that RAM for? Just curious.
And welcome to the forum!

That would be because it's not an exhaustive list, just what was tested by someone at Asus before the product launched.

Really any RAM that meets the basic requirements of the motherboard SHOULD work. There will always be the odd exceptions, especially if you're trying to push the performance envelope, but by and large almost any DDR3 RAM should work with the board. Whether or not it will meet your performance expectations is a whole other story.

kkn
Level 14
one tip, do NOT buy several kits, always buy ONE kit or else you will get problems.
corsair have a memory finder on their site if you gona go whit corsair.
http://www.corsair.com/us/learn_n_explore/

Daveo
Level 11
Gskill ripjaws and corsair dominators are great choices. For 32gb capacities, you may see the greatest value in the price as visually you won't notice the difference in performance from one great kit to another. For your chip go with 1600mhz or maybe 1866mhz with the best timings. I prefer modules advertised at 1t.

Daveo