cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Question for G75/G55 Owners regarding brightness issue

colpolite
Level 9
Who else in here have this slightly annoying issue when you have a set brightness setting of let's say under 100% and when you run some specific games, it forces it to a max of 100% brightness that hurts the eyes.

This is my findings so far, World of Warcraft and Crysis 1 and 2 as soon as you double click to start the program and it loads, it forces the brightness to 100% automatically while Diablo 3 or Counter-Strike Source GO does not and retain my brightness setting of around 60%.

Because of this, i know it is not the games that is causing the bug or issue. The forced 100% brightness also happens you logoff or switch user and it will go max brightness for 2-3 sec in the log in screen then back to your user preferred setting.

So pls, who else with their G55/G75 have this bug or issue?

Do G75 owners suffer from the brightness issue where it automatically goes maximum 100% brightness whenever you fire up a specific game or program and sometimes even when logging off when you have it set at the brightness setting you are comfortable with and that could be 40%/50%/60% and so on and no matter what you do, the brightness setting is forced to 100% brightness that is so annoying and it hurts your eyes that you have to manually readjust with the FN+key.

I'll give you a specific example, when runing WoW, before i fire it up, i have my brightness setting where it is comfortable for me which is 60%, as soon as i fire up WoW, the brightness setting goes to maximum 100% then i have to readjust the brightness setting back to 60%. Then if i have to alt+tab out of the game, the brightness goes back to 100% again then readjust via fn+key again then when i alt+tab back to game, the brightness setting goes back to 100% again. See the horror issue here?

I have this issue on my G55 and I have a chance to get rid of my G55 for a G75 so that is why I'm asking if any of the G75 owners have this annoying issue.

Thank You.
10 REPLIES 10

c_man
Level 11

colpolite
Level 9
C_man, have you tried diff bios to see if the brightness bug is fix? 204?206?209?

c_man
Level 11

rewben
Level 13
perhaps a new bios will help fix a number of things including this one hehe. they have published quite a number of new bios for mobos these days. please, it's our turn now 🙂

Hey c_man, is your g55 still doing this force brightness? What about the G75?

colpolite
Level 9
Any updates on the forced brightness issue? Is it fix on the G55? Is it happening with the G75?

Let me know pls

Thanks

Skull6
Level 10
I suffered it last night while playing World of Warcraft, & I have installed all the latest updates--to include the latest BIOS.
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

colpolite
Level 9
ty for replying skull. So this horror issue is also happening on g75? Can any of the Asus guys fix this or what is the next step?

xeromist
Mod note: Merged two threads on the same topic.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…