Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freezes and loses video signal

kasabia
Level 7
Good evening ladies and gents,

Hope i did not post in the wrong section, but anyway

I have a problem with my computer i can't really figure out, got my mobo from warranty service 2 weeks ago, everything was fine and then my old problem showed up: Gaming or stressing the computer a bit, will cause Black Screen, and the last 1s sound will repeat over and over. how great is that! hah

i reinstalled everything, deoced my cpu, i even cleaned the pc, i'm lost... btw i must mention my system does not boot in Safe mode, and sometimes the Boot_Service LED on the mobo is lighted up .

I really do not understand, this problem is really confusing me.

My system specs:

Asus crosshair iv formula
WD Caviar black 64mb/s 1tb
2x2 Gb Kingston HyperX (xmp) 1600mhz
2x2 GB kingston hyperX (non-ecc) 1600mhz
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.2GHZ
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950 first gen (stock)
CM Hyper 212 plus cpu cooler
CM GX750W psu (i know everyone says it's garbage but i've been running this conf for over a year now)
Raidmax QUantum pc case if this is needed for anything

did any of you experience this problem, if yes then how did u fixed it!

Thank you for your understanding.
11 REPLIES 11

flearider
Level 8
have you tried running with just 2 sticks of mem ..
looks like you have 4 sticks that don't match ..under stress they may not play well together ..
you could try upping voltage to them .. but thats first guess ..
AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800
What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

yes i did try with the XMP ones and the NON-ECC ones same symptoms.

i'd blame the video card, it's a sapphire 6950 2gb , well... right now it's been 2 hours since my pc is working, watching a movie, but when i got in a game or something it does the same....

Also it happened about 4-5 hours ago, the computer freezing and the signal loss problem showed up in bios... so this makes me think... if it's really the video card.

i built computers before but never experienced this problem ever... first time in my life.

i also brought the mobo to waranty, they said it was replaced but as far as i can see... it's the same board i've sent, and even got 3 sata cables less... not to mention... my finger print over the bios battery -.- i am really dissapointed

the last 4 events in the event log using the event viewer (Ace event log)

0000000037: 2012-11-17 01:35:52:340 Exception : A valid active Window is needed to update the Taskbar
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Dashboard.DBFavouritesSectionVMController::DoSetTree processID:02836 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Component.Dashboard, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************
0000000036: 2012-11-17 01:35:52:168 The view was not set yet
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_MMVideo::CheckSteadyVideoAvailability processID:02836 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Dashboard, Version=4.0.4654.26111, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0000000035: 2012-11-17 01:35:52:168 The view was not set yet
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_MMVideo::CheckSteadyVideoAvailability processID:02836 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Dashboard, Version=4.0.4654.26111, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0000000034: 2012-11-17 01:35:49:048 Failed to retrieve Fuel shared caste
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CCC.Implementation.CCC_Main::CCCNewThreadBegin processID:02836 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CCC.Implementation, Version=4.0.4654.26081, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

speed
Level 12
update your video driver. Unistall the old one first.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

done that went into safe mode ->driver sweeper-> removed everything related to AMD-> reinstall same problem

speed
Level 12
OK do that again, but pull your video card and reinstall it too. making sure it is down in the slot al the way.

ok so i did reinstall the video card this time in a different slot, again reinstalled the drivers, and guess what it did this in bios screen... this problem is .... gah making me pull my hair like a baboon.

speed
Level 12
try another card if you can

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello my friend, as our very own Speed has suggested it does appear that you have some serious conflict going on with your graphics.

In light of the dire nature of your problem, I would suggest that you back up your data, and stuff you do not want to loose. And once you have done that, do a complete new install of your OS.

I suspect that the motherboard has a fault, but until we do a complete OS install from scratch we will not be able to confirm that.

Here is how I would go about it.

First I would set all my system to defaults, the in the bios select the ram setting you use. I would suggest just using the XMP profile, and only use one kit of ram.

Now run the complete sequence of steps in the Memtest86+ guide found in my sig.

Once all is good, then start the install process from new.

Do a full clear install, that means formatting your hard drive if it is a mechanical drive, and deleting the partitions if it is a SSD.

Please report back once you have completed both tasks.

Thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.