Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Recognized Troll Array

Quote Originally Posted by superiorjt View Post
    Great idea and I want it to work, but for some reason when I double click the shortcut nothing happens. just a brief loading cursor and then nothing.
    Same here... I just tried it... It only worked with previous version... It appears yet another WIndows 8 flaw has surfaced... have you looked at the second link I posted?
    G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

Recognized Troll Array

This is the only native Windows 8 Wireless Manager, accessible by clicking the WiFi icon by the clock, and it will only let me remove the network I'm connected to... Perhaps you can remove it from there, or try the 3rd party software...

G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

ROG Member Array

I have managed to access the security settings for the connection by setting up a wireless network manually, the problem I face now is that, even though the security info is entered correctly, I still cannot connect to the router.

ROG Member Array

After doing research it seems that Windows 8 does not support the "shared key" security type. Maybe I can get my grandfather to convert it to open-key and not have many problems on the network. Sorry for the trouble. I never thought that windows 8 would just stop supporting a network config.

Recognized Troll Array

A quick Google searchreveals that many people with 8 are having issues with WEP... I highly suggest a talk with your grandpa about WPA2-PSK... Not to mention I could crack his network with my Android phone...

ROG Member Array

I know this is old, but I am experiencing the same problem on a G46, but the network is WPA secured and it worked until a couple of days ago, when I turned the laptop on and tried to enter the browser, but I was told that I'm not connected to any network, even if the network was saved with the password and everything and it was automatically connecting when turning on the laptop. I haven't made any changes in driver software, and it simply refuses to connect it, saying "Could not connect to this network", having the WPA key right, veryfing and connecting then and then nothing. Like mostly all the Windows troubleshooter is useless and I still cannot connect, with all the drivers up to date and every setting made right.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cezarpetre View Post
    I know this is old, but I am experiencing the same problem on a G46, but the network is WPA secured and it worked until a couple of days ago, when I turned the laptop on and tried to enter the browser, but I was told that I'm not connected to any network, even if the network was saved with the password and everything and it was automatically connecting when turning on the laptop. I haven't made any changes in driver software, and it simply refuses to connect it, saying "Could not connect to this network", having the WPA key right, veryfing and connecting then and then nothing. Like mostly all the Windows troubleshooter is useless and I still cannot connect, with all the drivers up to date and every setting made right.
    I have an exact similar problem on my G55. Wireless connections worked flawlessly until 2 night ago. Haven't been connected wirelessly since.I tried everything from renaming my SSID, changing the pass key, setting up guest virtual networks, nothing works. Wired connections work though. Others sharing this network doesn't seem to be affected, so its definitely something wrong on my end.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Here's what I would do if I had your problem. I would go to the Device Manager and find the wireless network device and the "uninstall" , "delete existing drivers" if you have a LAN and restart he computer. I would test the connection each time. If that didn't work then I would download the driver from the Asus site and install it. Next I would remove security from router so that you can connect freely and the restart the router. I that didn't work, I would then test the local system by going to another location that you can connect for free to confirm that it is not the local system.

Recognized Troll Array

Just throwing in some extra info... How to delete WiFI Profiles in Win8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvB0C5pgSkQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2