cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd trackpad =S

DeathRuler
Level 7
Hey guys.... Ive had my g73jh A1 for a while now...its awesome no doubt but i cant seem to figure out how to fix this trackpad issues ...it just seems to stop responding and if u use it then wierd things happen like icons getting resized to mouse settings getting changed (happened last night) ....ive read the topics on this forum and im aware of the left part of the trackpad which stays fine even when the rest isnt working thats what ive been using till now but its extremely annoying...
Ive tried some fixes but nothing works.... Can someone please help me on this and tell me the absolue fix or something =S
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, Did you reinstall touchpad driver, is it still happen? how is work with your Function key?

DeathRuler
Level 7
yeah i tried re installing the touchpad driver..nothing happened...function key keyboard and touch pad buttons works fine ..

dstrakele
Level 14
DeathRuler wrote:
...it just seems to stop responding and if u use it then wierd things happen like icons getting resized to mouse settings getting changed...

The touchpad should be disabled if you have a USB Mouse connected. It can be disabled from within touchpad configuration, Fn-F9 from the keyboard, or disabled in the BIOS.

If you experience erratic cursor movement during normal use (not while typing) with your Mouse disconnected, you may have a hardware problem. You could confirm it by booting into a Linux "LiveCD" distribution and seeing if you could reproduce the problem.

Another thing you can try is to uninstall your touchpad driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", then reboot to let Windows install its Plug-N-Play touchpad driver, and see if your touchpad issues persist (again with USB Mouse disconnected).
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

madnj
Level 9
Sorry to say, but the G73JH was notorious for touchpad problems... I personally had one and removed the cover/film from the underside of the touchpad which helped some, but it was never perfect. I think the issue really comes down to a grounding issue with that touchpad in the G73 model.

I saw frequent complaints for that model, but I have none of those issues with the G75.

DeathRuler
Level 7
Yeah seriously... what a flaw in one of the best gaming laptops ever =S