cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expression of Interest ROG Vantage Challange

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello again ROG'rs

I am wanting to do a 3D or video card based challenge next.

Two things

What I would like you to do guys is post up who would be participating and what VGA's you are going to be using. The reason why I need this information is because not all cards are equal. So some kind of handicap factor will need to be figured out.

That takes time and effort to work out, many hours searching results and doing computations to try and make it balanced, you never succeed in getting it perfect but....

So post up what cards you will be using guys.

And which of the benchmarks you guys would like to do.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
25 REPLIES 25

Chino
Level 15
As you know, I like starting things off. LOL I'll be using a GTX 670. Which benchmark you ask? Definately Unigine lol. Or any other GPU benchmark that doesn't include points for the CPU. xD

kkn
Level 14
well here i would say its not gona be equal, some have 1 card, some 2 and some 3 cards, and there might be those who have 4 cards.

HiVizMan
Level 40
yes kkn that is correct and as such there will have to be a handicap, so 2 3 or 4 cards will be-able to play fair with those who have only 1.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Dartmaul
Level 12
+1
x1\x2 HD7970 (haven't got waterblocks on my babies yet:()

Retired
Not applicable
690/7990 (or dual gpu cards) in one class
580/680/6970/7970 in one class
570/670/6950/7950 in one
660,7870, and so on.. in one

3d mark vantage (mark 11 require dx 11), and i dont think everyone has it..

And heavens?

Dartmaul
Level 12
BTW Heaven is a great bench! I like it even more than vantage.

PS I can share vantage advanced license key :rolleyes:

Retired
Not applicable
Yes,Heavens is good.. pure gpu

Ps: we didnt hear that.. ;o).. la la la

Dartmaul
Level 12
The advantage of vantage is that there are some presets they are pretty popular on hwbot.
But most popular (performance) has 1280*1024 resolution, it's a joke for such VGA's.
And yes, it has CPU affection (however we can use GPU score only)
Also vantage is DX10.

So I vote for heaven 3.0
DX11, a lot of settings, pure gpu, and it's free)

Menthol
Level 14
I'm in. I'll use a GTX 680, although I have been eying the 7970 Matrix Platinum, damn that's a nice piece of hardware.
Viz,
Since you asked
You pick the bench, Vantage, 3D11, Heaven, I believe you should have the competition with one GPU only with some parameters like you did in Pi, I have learned the value of the pcie lane switches on the ROG boards, then towards the end have a bonus run for all out anything goes so we can contribute to global warming
And thanks for taking you personal time to put on these competitions, although I didn't participate in the Pi challenge, I still watched and learned a lot.