cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna buy a g75. Should i wait for vx model? PRO and CONS at 2200$

HIM
Level 7
Hello. I'm from Romania and very new to this forum and also excited to meet u all.:) Please excuse my bad english.:D
To get to the point

I LOVE G75 series looks and specs and i MUST have one (will be my first gaming laptop). So i wanna ask u ROG masters about G75
VW and / vs VX. pro's and cons. The only CON for me regarding VX would be the price if it's high.

As i checked out an G75vw - Ti400 ...

(http://www.esal.ro/notebook-laptop/notebook-asus-g75vw-t1400d-i7-3630qm-16gb-256gb-ssd-750gb-hdd-nvi...)

SHORT SPECS:
17.3\" (1920x1080) LED-backlit mat, i7-3630QM , GTX670M 3GB, RAM 16GB (4x4GB),
HDD 750GB 7.200rpm + SSD 256GB, 8 cell 5200 mAH Li-ion, NumPad chiclet, Free DOS etc

...wich i tought it was kind of...ultimate gaming machine for 1936 $.
PS: I should be able to go around 2100 - 2200 $ but really dont want to 😮

Then...i get to this forum...and saw that the VX series will be launched "soon".

I checked here for VX series and found...

(http://www.dc-shop.ro/laptop-notebook/laptop-asus-g75vx_cv068h-i7_3630qm-750gb-8gb-gtx670m-win8-l/)

SH SPECS:
17.3\" (1920x1080)F HD +3D, LED-backlit mat, i7-3630QM , GTX670M 3GB, RAM 18GB (2x4GB), HDD 750GB SSH 7200rpm +
3D gasses

So here the VX modell is better than T1400 only at 3D screen BUT the GAMING / FASTER specs of T1400 are lacking (SSD, 16 RAM)

...at 2100 $. So this VX modell is NOT for me.:mad:

All i wanna ask u guys is it worth waiting for the VX with the 670MX card? Or should i go with the T1400 (this T is very new here)

The thing is i cannot go further than 2200$ MAX but ...it might sound silly....i am willing to wait till the new VX (670mx) will be
launched...and then still wait for the price to go down at about 2200$...i hope it will.:(

Furthermore...as the VX will be NEW model...and i think it will have a price to show that...mabey i will get the machine with 670MX at
2200 $ but without 16GB RAM (mabey it will have only 8), and more shurley without 256 GB SSD. So...are the SSD and RAM worth
losing just for the new video card? 😞
In time (1 year) i should be able to get and SSD and RAM to compensate but...

PPS:
1. Can u guys estimate when the VX modell i'm loking for will be on the market? I don't think it will be out this year cuz now all the old G75 are up for sell and discounts for Christmas. I really hope it will be out will April 2013 ( we are celebrating Easter then...and shops gives discounts) 😉

2. Estimates about the VX price? As new and...how soon will it drop?

3.What kind of SSD does VW modell have? I wanna know if it supports TRIMM.

4.Know any shops that shipps to Romania?

Plz...give me your toughts and sorry for my messed up writing 😮 Also thank you A LOT and Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless 😄
22 REPLIES 22

StereoROG
Level 7
G75 VX should/will come with a nvidia 670MX which is a slight upgrade from a 670M i checked the link that you posted something is not right.

Write an email to the website ( talking about the VX model ) and clarify this subject.

I will say wait for the VX 670mx should perform better much cooler and up for some OCing ( if your into that stuff)

If you are limited with your budget then VW is fine too running most of the games smoothly but dont get your hope too high as it is a laptop at the end.

A question to ask yourself will the laptop serve your purpose ?

This is what i did:

Of course point number 1 is money how much you are willing to spend? I had an Asus G75vw in front of me and next to it an Alienware.

I got the Asus of course after an intense research and i'm not disappointed as i know what i bought and what to expect from this machine.

we can go on forever to talk about this subject but at the end it's your choice. My focus was on the GPU cause that really matters for gaming.

Hope this covers your doubts and questions.

Thank you

finalhour
Level 11
ASUS support for the G series has been unimpressive. Get an MSI
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

StereoROG
Level 7
Yeah it's winter....

You might use the MSI to heat your room with it...two for one...chichingggggg.....

Why not go for Eurocom you in Europe....

bignazpwns
Level 11
Go with a MSI or a Sager for that price. The VX is a huge huge huge rip off and for $2200 you are now in the price range of the GTX 680m's what will still mop the floor with a GTX 670mx.

How will the msi heat the room? They all make the same amount of heat and every MSI i used was pretty close to the temps i was getting with the G75. However the G75 could sit on the carpet and keep the same temps when the msi would get about 10c hotter.

Bottom line for $2200 look into some real laptops with GTX 680m's or HD 7970. Anything for $2,200 with less of a gpu better have some huge SSD's and a high end cpu ie "Extreme edition"

bignazpwns wrote:
Go with a MSI or a Sager for that price. The VX is a huge huge huge rip off and for $2200 you are now in the price range of the GTX 680m's what will still mop the floor with a GTX 670mx.

Bottom line for $2200 look into some real laptops with GTX 680m's or HD 7970. Anything for $2,200 with less of a gpu better have some huge SSD's and a high end cpu ie "Extreme edition"

Well...the fact is that HERE...for 2200 $...u can't get better than G75vw. For Ex: Alienware M17xR3 GTX 580M is 3950$ !!!
http://www.emag.ro/laptop-alienware-m17xr3-base-stealth-black-cu-procesor-intel-174-core-small-sup-t...

So...add 500$ and u can buy 2 G75vw...sadly for us :mad:
PS: BTW...1000$ from 4000$ is our VAT tax :mad::mad::mad:
I don't even think we even have 680m's laptops here :mad:

So anyway....don't think i will be buying any laptop with 680M anytime soon...because brands like SAGER or MSI...are out of our reach..except...mabey a store that shipps here. MSI,Sager,etc...here we don't have this brands. Toshiba, Asus,Samsung,Dell,etc BUT no MSI or Sager:mad: Too bad i don't speak German...they must have these brands.

That is why i asked if mabey somehow u guys know a store or something that shipps to Romania...or Europe (germany, Austria,Hungary,etc).

I am so dissapointed right now...u all say i could buy better stuff fith this money...but i don't have where to buy from :((

PS: What brand/modell of SSD do G75vw have (i mean the one with 256Gb)? does it supports TRIMM?

Anyway...thank you so much guys....making me feel welcomed in ROG comunity 🙂

Well guys...after a little searching...i found this MSI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GT70-0NE-276US-17-3-1080p-i7-3610QM-16GB-RAM-NVIDIA-GTX-680M-4GB-256GB-S...

and it shipps to Ro .

Have any of you bought any product at 2000$ from e-bay? Is it safe to buy?

Also...how is the MSI cooling...does it handle cooling like Asus's dual fans?

ikennyyy
Level 7
For $2200 I would get a Sager with the 680m rather than the spending it on a VX. I have a VW and no where near disappointed at the price I paid for it however if you're spending that much might as well get the best GPU out there.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
HIM wrote:
Hello. I'm from Romania and very new to this forum and also excited to meet u all.:) Please excuse my bad english.:D

No worries about the English...we all speak g33k 'round h3r3. 😄
HIM wrote:

SHORT SPECS:
17.3\" (1920x1080) LED-backlit mat, i7-3630QM , GTX670M 3GB, RAM 16GB (4x4GB),
HDD 750GB 7.200rpm + SSD 256GB, 8 cell 5200 mAH Li-ion, NumPad chiclet, Free DOS etc

...wich i tought it was kind of...ultimate gaming machine for 1936 $.
PS: I should be able to go around 2100 - 2200 $ but really dont want to 😮

?FreeDOS? I would buy one with a Windows license (unless you really don't want Windows). FreeDOS can be downloaded from the internet. FreeDOS doesn't support multi-core processors (which both of these systems have [4-cores + 4 HT]). If you really don't want [personally or to pay for :D] Windows, try to get the computer pre-installed with a LINUX distro or else PC-BSD.

HIM wrote:

Furthermore...as the VX will be NEW model...and i think it will have a price to show that...mabey i will get the machine with 670MX at
2200 $ but without 16GB RAM (mabey it will have only 8), and more shurley without 256 GB SSD. So...are the SSD and RAM worth
losing just for the new video card? 😞
In time (1 year) i should be able to get and SSD and RAM to compensate but...

I would get the faster video card and save your money. If you aren't doing video editing, do not worry about the 8 GB vs 16 GB. The SSD is nice, but you can get a small one (64 GB) in the US for $60-$70 (Romanian price unknown). There will always be better hardware on the horizon, technology just seems to be that way...by the time it reaches the shelf, it is obsolete.

HIM wrote:

Plz...give me your toughts and sorry for my messed up writing 😮 Also thank you A LOT and Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless 😄

Merry Christmas to you too...though on my side of the world it's still 1.5 months away. 😄 😄 God bless you too. 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

chrsplmr
Level 18
Wow .. the 'C' word .. typed outloud .. Wow ...

If you can stand the wait .. wait.
Otherwise .. my rule is, best deal the day I order,
Make it work .. never second guess yourself.
Do it and Done or Don't.
(only as to when to order .. hehehe)

as to Sager and 680's ect ... either it ROGs
or 'it' Don't .. zall I have ta say bout that ... c.