Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A.b.c. - Arniebomba's Backpack Case

Arniebomba
Level 9
A.B.C
Arniebomba's Backpack Case

--Final Update post 18--

After my Standing Benchtable Build, wich ended up to be a bit unpracticle for daily use, i wanted to build something different, something small and practicle.
The thoughts of the build was to build as little as possible but with no compromisses as it came to hardware and i wanted to cool the build with water..
I decided to go for the Silverstone FT03. A nice little cabin, slotless DVD and plenty of space to work with.

Here's a summary of the build.

The case. Its a case wich is made for mini/micro ATX boards. It has space for two large GPU's, though you have to remove all of the fans in order to place them.

WC parts..

Mirror mirror at the wall..

Because i needed the space for the rads, i had to mod the case a little bit. At the bottom i had to trim the chassis a bit in order to fit the 2x80 rad. In order to do that, the PSU power cable had to be replaced. After that, i mounted the rad with 4x80mm Yate loons in push pull.

At the bottom i modded the standard fan filter and gave the Yate Loons filters.

At the top i had to make space to fit the 120 rad.

After that, i started to measure everyting. The foot of the res and pump had to be removed to save some space. After that, i decided to cheer up the resevoir.

Because i was going to use 8 fans, and i didnt wanted it to sound like a 747, i bought a fan controller for the case. But..offcourse thare's no bay to put a controller so i had to mod the hot swappeble SSD unit

Because i was going to WC the whole build and theres no waterblock fot the R4G, i had to cut out a circle from the front panel to mount a 80mm fan for cooling the VRM's.

Test run...

After the first test i decided i didnt liked the temps of the GPU and CPU. I like benching and the occasional game, so i had to get the temp down. In order to do that, i decided to give the case a "Back pack". A 2x200 rad with two 200mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro fans. In order to mount the rad and fans i used to U shaped allu strips.

After everyting was done and the water was running, i saw there was some flux from the rads. Aperently i didnt clean the rads good enough so i had to take everything apart to clean.

After everything was clean, i had a friend of mine cut out a piece of the side panel and made a little window.
Eventually everything was in place, the temps were good and the build was finished 🙂

Result..

BACKPACKED

18 REPLIES 18

chrsplmr
Level 18
Sweet, Sweet Art .. Now that's what the ROG I've been talk'n about .. Awesome.Brilliant.Cudos.c.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
What do you mean by backpacked? If you intend on carrying that clodhopper around, I say more ROG'n power to ya. 🙂 Awesome build! 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
What do you mean by backpacked? If you intend on carrying that clodhopper around, I say more ROG'n power to ya. 🙂 Awesome build! 🙂

I thought the same thing when I saw the case....then saw a pic with the external rad and realized what he meant lol...the rad looks kinda like a backpack side on view.

Looks great btw Arnie 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
I thought the same thing when I saw the case....then saw a pic with the external rad and realized what he meant lol...the rad looks kinda like a backpack side on view.

Looks great btw Arnie 🙂

That makes a bit more sense. There isn't all that much space inside his build.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Thanks guys! 🙂
I've added some GOOD pics at the 1th post 😉

Zygomorphic wrote:
That makes a bit more sense. There isn't all that much space inside his build.

Exactly. The "baclpack" indicated the big rad at the back aas theare's notmuch space inside and i still wanted good temps. Idle is now about 25c and not above 60 with stresstest at 4.4GHz, so there is more playing space.

Area_66
Level 11
WOW, very impressive, usually I don't like external Rad, but the way you mount it is very nice for the eyes

kkn
Level 14
realy impressive arne!!!!

Nackers
Level 15
Beautiful inside and out..

kkn
Level 14
i got a good laugh when i did see the fittings lined up as A B C first time 😛