Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    well mine is over 3000usd, dont remember how mutch i did spend on it but it was good deal so.
    was the water parts and pump that took me + a good 400 usd on fans ( close to that ) ++++ :s
    Yeap water parts cost as much as the system its self, period in a sense lol so 1500$ computer with 1500$ in water parts Ive seen some cases turn into lol.

Thankfully my buddy bought the motherboard yesterday so sometime this week or weekend I can get that thing up and running for him.

did he get the board you told him to get now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    did he get the board you told him to get now? :P
    Yeap, he thinks the case is HUGE though, im like they can get like 2x as big thats just a small case still haha.

Hopefully I can teach him a little about building computers at the same time and get him addicted.
    Still needs a real gaming gpu though as he will temporarily use his old GPU he got last year, which is not great cause its just a low profile one.

Buddys rig is up and running, Had QUITE alot of scares... and I am assuming the mobo might be bad...

Gpu would not work, (doesnt use 6/8pins) its powered by the mobo, but It would spin its fan just would not start. Had to seat in second slot thenfirst slot again to get it to work.

Another issue... Onboard Video does not work with his NEW $2000 tv, but the GPU does (gpu is only a 440 till he gets one)

And last issue, The CPU fan header has something wrong with it I suppose, his fan this morning started making noises, and bios said in red it was like 600rpm or something, He is using the hyper 212evo CPU Heat sink.

He had to shut down and restart for fan noise to go away.

Any ideas people?
    Need help with all issues as the onboard worked on a older tv via HDMI and his new one has no VGA or anything like that.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hey Cody

Lets see if we can work through each 'issue'

GPU - it might just have been a loose connector in the PCIe slot or a bit of dirt that prevented key contact points to engage. Pulling the card out could have cleaned that out, or removed any dirt from the fins of the card itself. I have seen this many times before.

TV - IGP is picky as to which HDMI cables are used. There are a good few threads here on ROG that deal with this. Most of the time it is a) the default resolution of the TV is not compatible (not in this case I would think) or the cable is not compliant. However if you are meaning access to the BIOS only then it will be that the BIOS default resolution is not shared or possible to be reproduced on the TV.

The fan header - some fans run too slowly for the preprogrammed alert function. The fix is to set in bios to ignore. I doubt that the fan itself was making the noise, if it was then the fan is the problem potentially. Is the fan a three pin or a four pin, and if three was the header correctly fitted?

The older TV would be a non 1080p default resolution I suspect and therefore compliant with either the cable or the bios defaults.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

No idea as about the loose connectors as I didnt see one if anythign it looked like there was in the 2nd slot, and his GPU was clean as I made sure before hand.

the TV works on a 1080p tv, we tried different settings and all that, I ruled that out before hand, as it wouldnt also work with 4 different types of HDMI cables (didnt try the one the TV used that the IGP did work on). It would be BLANK period regarding bios ect. Nothign would show up on screen from startup to windows.

the fan header part, he uses a Hyper 212 evo and that fan that came with the cooler its 4 pin, and I doubt thats the problem being a fresh fan.
    The ignore part, we shouldnt have to do that though, why doesnt asus FIX it? and Ive read about this not fixing it still on multiple forums such as Hardforums Tomshardware ect.

And yes the header was correctly fitted all 4 pin in 4 slots of the fan header as you cant mess that up. =P

The Older tv WAS a 1080p Default Resolution.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I hear you.

I am starting to wonder if you should not RMA the board Cody - better get it sorted now and have no problems down the line.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    I hear you.

I am starting to wonder if you should not RMA the board Cody - better get it sorted now and have no problems down the line.
    Yea but too bad I really dont have time as well as him. Why does t his happen to me :-\

Hey guys, I got a question.
    I think my buddys hard drive crapped the bed too when his processor I would assume maybe fried (his old computer)

When he starts up, his windows (welcome screen) Gets stuck and sits there trying to load.
    Another one when he is in windows he goes to open up programs and it doesn't open them, when he is about to restart it, it will finally open all the programs at once when its about to restart or something.

It will only work once in awhile correctly (worked right when I was there first installing everything)

I was wondering does this sound like a issue with his hard drive? Or could it be something worse as he currently does not have the money to pickup a new HDD as we tried salvaging atleast the Hard drive and CD Drive from his old one, so if anyone knows let me know please ok?

Thanks alot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast