cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore 3D to G75VW-DH73 Laptop?

jdfrench3
Level 12
Can not get 3D to work in my new G75VW-DH73 3D laptop.

It originally worked but now refuses. I have used the recovery partition and restored the laptop to like-new configuration but I'm still not able to make it work in 3D.

What's the secret?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server
21 REPLIES 21

rewben
Level 13
did you upgrade your bios?

Pitcher1
Level 9
HI, Did you start your 3D Function in VGA setting?

SUKARA
Level 10
Playing movies, game or others?
press the NB 3D mode switch key...
You can reference the user manual page 45 for detail
the G75VW series user manual reference to you:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G75VW/E7093_eManual_G75VW_Z103.pdf

rewben: Upgraded BIOS to 221.

SUKARA@ASUS: The NB 3D mode switch key is working properly.

Mike_Lu@ASUS: Not sure what is meant by "start your 3D Function in VGA setting". Where is this setting located?

By the way, this laptop came with Windows 8 pre-installed.
Homebuilt Windows Server

rewben
Level 13
@jdfrench3, i think what mike means is to check the settings for 3d in nvidia control panel. you can use the setup wizard to see if it can restore the functions properly.

The Nvidia Control Panel has no Stereoscopic 3D settings.

The Windows Screen Resolution page has the Resolution set for "1920 x 1080 (Recommended, 3D) and 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D settings for all supported displays' checked. Advanced settings have the monitor set for 120 Hertz.

I suspect the 3D IR Emitter is not being detected and the driver not being loaded.

Does anybody have a workaround to fix this problem?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
The Nvidia Control Panel has no Stereoscopic 3D settings.

The Windows Screen Resolution page has the Resolution set for "1920 x 1080 (Recommended, 3D) and 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D settings for all supported displays' checked. Advanced settings have the monitor set for 120 Hertz.

I suspect the 3D IR Emitter is not being detected and the driver not being loaded.

Does anybody have a workaround to fix this problem?

Check in Windows' Programs and Features if nVidia 3D Vision and nVidia 3D Vision Controller drivers
are present. If they're not, reinstall nVidia driver bundle (e.g. 306.97 WHQL). Then make sure the two
3D Vision drivers are installed.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

The following Nvidia drivers are listed in Windows Programs and Features:

3D Vision Controller Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX System Software
Update
Homebuilt Windows Server

rewben
Level 13
if you have tried uninstall, reboot, and reinstall (choose custom with clean install; and with another reboot) the drivers, and your nvidia control panel still has no stereoscopic 3d feature, then i think it might be the issue of your hardware.