cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74 idel temps

zickyjacks
Level 7
So I have had my Asus G74 BBK-5 for over a year now. I've noticed through HWMonitor that While sitting idel (after I play a DC universe Online) that the temperature spikes between 31-39 degrees C. I figured that maybe it would do this since I just finished playing a game for about 1 hour. During game time it hits about 50-54 degrees C. It sits on a metal table with somewhat plastic covering over top the table. And I normally am in the basement where it's roughly about 25 degrees C. Am I just being paranoid
and are these safe temps after running a game? Also my last question is; is it normal to see the temperature go from 31 to 35 yo 39 back down to 34 degrees C.
7 REPLIES 7

zickyjacks
Level 7
And sorry misspelled idle*

dstrakele
Level 14
I think you're being paranoid if you are reporting CPU/GPU temperatures. Is that what they are? If not, report them at idle and while gaming. Then we can better decide if we need to get the straight jacket...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

cl-scott
Level 12
There are plenty of people who would LOVE to have those kinds of temps. They are bordering on the excellent range for a laptop.

Ha, no need to get a straight jacket. I have a tendency to be paranoid/over think in these situations.

But thanks for the input.

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
zickyjacks wrote:
So I have had my Asus G74 BBK-5 for over a year now. I've noticed through HWMonitor that While sitting idel (after I play a DC universe Online) that the temperature spikes between 31-39 degrees C. I figured that maybe it would do this since I just finished playing a game for about 1 hour. During game time it hits about 50-54 degrees C. It sits on a metal table with somewhat plastic covering over top the table. And I normally am in the basement where it's roughly about 25 degrees C. Am I just being paranoid
and are these safe temps after running a game? Also my last question is; is it normal to see the temperature go from 31 to 35 yo 39 back down to 34 degrees C.

Excellent temps for a G74. Imho my G53 is smaller thus my temps are about 20 degrees more than yours. Still no major problems though. Yours are like dream.
ASUS G53JW-XA1

Okay, so what are acceptable OC-temp levels for the GTX 560M? I'm giving it a shot with Afterburner, but not sure how high I can allow the temp to go before I need to tune it down a bit.

Stresstesting with Kombustor @stock gives about 65-66 °C after about 2 mins and then levels out and normally it idles around 44-46 °C, @22 °C amb.temp. Suppose I could increase airflow around it, but not sure where the intakes for the fans are. Going to try to raise it abit to let it breathe better underneath.

DaemonXR
Level 10
Air intakes are below lcd panell from upper side of laptop. Your temps are ok, Mine GPU when stressed with FurMark for hour or two sits somewhere between 71-77 C @22-23 C ambient temp...
Enlight me!

ASUS G74SX-TY249D 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 2XWD BlackScorpio 7200rpm 500GB