cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cards and no way to switch in GPUTweak

Heav3n
Level 7
Hi,

This is my first post here, and well ... I' going to start with quite an inhabitual question :

For some reason i'm running with differents cards plugged in, actually 2 : In my case 1 Matrix HD7970 for display , and 1 GT440 for ... an other purpose that is not a standard use (some people will easly guess).
And in fact, in this particular configuration, GPUTweak will get stuck on the second card, and for now I can't find a way to switch to be able to OC the first one.

So, as none standard as it is, and considering other softwares and even gpu-z are going to see and let people choose between different GPUs, could this be tracked as some kind of bug or lacking feature ?
Or does someone knows some trick to force GPUTweak on a particular card when you've got different ones plugged ?

Thank you.
30 REPLIES 30

zabusa
Level 7
GPUTweak is garbage...i too have a secondary card to use as dual link dvi out for my 2nd 1440p display....but GPU Tweak recognizes *THAT* instead of the 7970...wth?

I cant overclock or change any settings...like i want to overclock this Geforce 7800GT

Afterburner lets you switch between cards and change settings as you please.

I really hope they fix this.

What im hoping to do is BURN the desired settings with GPUTweak (gpu/ram voltage, LLC, etc) and hopefully make it boot with those set. And then use Afterburner to tweak the core/mem/powerload/etc of the Matrix.

I had the same idea as a workaround, but as I'm not extremely experienced with overclocking, I would prefere to use asus software with included protections (auto sur-voltage, ...).

It make me sick to be stuck because of a software bug. I tried some "tweaks" in GPUTweak files 😄 , thinking that maybe by deleting some dlls it will be unable to detect nvidia chips and defaults on the amd, but obviously, it does't worked... I just broke my GPUTweak instead 😞

If someone got an other idea ?
People from asus G.T. Team ? any workaround or some fix ?

Thx

The only way I found to change between is to use CCC and dual mode, unplug back of the current one listed in tweak, and then card that your wanting to use plug it back in, then restart the tweak, not very user friendly this thing is HUH!!
I also had it lock-freeze my system and had a BSOD,..that's when i un-installed and did a previous version, uh ohh...

How do you do that in CCC please ?

zabusa
Level 7
ill try unintalling it, plugging in my 2ndary first (in the 2ndary PCI-e slot), installing GPU Tweak so it recognizes that...then plug in my Matrix and hopefully itll show up in GPU Tweak

For such a well thought out card why is the software so bad

ill update with results

UPDATE: Nope LOL - although i found a possible workaround. Shut down GPU Tweak and disable the 2ndary video card in the Device Manager (not uninstall). When you fire up GPU Tweak again it shows the Matrix. At this point you can probably tweak the card, then re-enable the 2nd card in Device manager.

Crap, tried the same it still shows up the nvidia while it's disabled oO !
What a buggy soft ...

zabusa
Level 7
Make sure you totally kill the GPU Tweak process - ill try again tonight when i get home

OK, in fact it makes a difference when I disable the nvidia card, but GPUTweak go into a bad trip and displays my GT440 as running at 1100 Mhz XD (like the Matrix).
It's mixing parameters and informations from the 2 cards which is an even worse bug !

If it still working in you configuration, can you tell me what version of GPUTweak you're running ?
thanks

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi Heav3n and zabuza, please check your PMs as our software dev team would like to know more about your specific setups so they can fix this bug. Thanks!