Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jeremyshaw
    A few distributors already got them in stock (before promptly selling out, lol), so it probably is already hitting the USA right now, just need the freight trucks to move faster...

I got mine yesterday

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1618716

Brian@ASUS
    These should be available this week. just depends how quickly they get them up on the shelf

ROG Member Array

Is there any difference between the Gene-Z and the Maximus-Z other then form factor and the fact that the Maximus has more PCI-E slots?

Brian@ASUS
    Gene-z is just micro atx and extreme-z is its big brother. extreme and extreme-z for the maximus series have the chipset change, integrated graphics, lucid hydra, ssd cache, and a few others.

Night Gyr
    Hello!

Is it possible to switch graphics on the fly similar to the NVIDIA Optimus Technology? (On Windows at lest, sure nobody cares about Linux )

Also, why doesn't this board have Power eSATA? All the modern ASUS boards have it. Maybe a revision is coming that will support it? Or would that require heavy USB rerouting on the board?

Which VRM controller does use? (DIGI+ is just marketing, there's a well-known brand controller inside.)

Regards,
    --Night Gyr

Night Gyr
    Hello.

Is this an offtopic question? If yes, could you please point me to the correct topic for this kind of questions?

Regards,
    --Night Gyr

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Night Gyr View Post
    Hello!

Is it possible to switch graphics on the fly similar to the NVIDIA Optimus Technology? (On Windows at lest, sure nobody cares about Linux )

Also, why doesn't this board have Power eSATA? All the modern ASUS boards have it. Maybe a revision is coming that will support it? Or would that require heavy USB rerouting on the board?

Which VRM controller does use? (DIGI+ is just marketing, there's a well-known brand controller inside.)

Regards,
    --Night Gyr

1) You can't power the iGPU on or off at will. You can use discrete in tandem with the iGPU, or discrete with Virtu etc but cannot power down on-the-fly AFAIK.

2) No revision is planned for eSATA.

3) Generally CHiL on the ROG boards (have not checked the MIVE-Z Gene), though I know it can handle 250 amps which is more than any CPU will demand.

-Raja

Night Gyr
    Thank you for the detailed response!

Actually, what I'm, looking for with Z68 is the ability to *use* the iGPU for the desktop and the dGPU for gaming. Is that possible? (This seems to be he most logical application for this tech.)

Is the VRM controller really digital or a kind of "hybrid" solution?
    And lastly, do the regular P67 boards use a different controller/PWM design? Because otherwise, I don't see may differences actually.

Regards,
    --Night Gyr

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thank you for the detailed response!

Actually, what I'm, looking for with Z68 is the ability to *use* the iGPU for the desktop and the dGPU for gaming. Is that possible? (This seems to be he most logical application for this tech.)
    Is the VRM controller really digital or a kind of "hybrid" solution?
    And lastly, do the regular P67 boards use a different controller/PWM design? Because otherwise, I don't see may differences actually.

Regards,
    --Night Gyr
    The FETs and inductors used on the ROG Extreme series boards are different from the standard models (we aim for lower DCR) and higher FET current handling per phase/and or additional phases on the major rails together with a couple of benchmarking centric BIOS/hardware settings. For the most part, if air or water cooling is used for processor cooling and you're looking for a 24/7 system then yes, you can go with one of the standard boards and get what you need.

The new CHIL controllers are "digital".

-Raja

Night Gyr
    This is the answer I've been looking for.

Do you have a spelling error there? The iGPU/dGPU part of the response seems to have disappeared for some reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast