Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE Hotwire and MSI GPU V-Check Point

Hagi
Level 7
Hi Guys,

It looks like no one has tried this.

I have the RIVE and would love to use the RIVE's Hotwire feature with the MSI GTX680 Lightnring's V-Check Point feature to monitor the GPU's voltages. The MSI's V-Check point is meant to be used with a multimeter to monitor the VCORE, MEM, and PLL voltage it looks like (no documentation on this), the Hotwire can also monitor these 3 voltages, but it can also overvolt. Both provide a two pin connection for using their appropriate features.

It looks like the Hotwire does not have a Positive/Negative side (like a multimeter) and uses the black pin for "VSENSE" (Voltage Monitoring) and the red pin for Over Volting (Voltage Adjustment). It lacks ground(or negative?) to work with the V-Check Point.

Would it be possible to connect the black pin VSENSE of Hotwire to the MSI's V-Check Point (red cable out of V-Check Point) and then jimmy rig the second V-Check (black cable out of V-Check Point) to some motherboard ground? I don't have a solid Hardware background, so don't want to plug it in until I am sure it won't fry anything...

Thanks guys.
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hagi mate you might be better served posting this up here.

Shammy will for sure see it there and so will many of the other volt modders.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hagi
Level 7
Hi HiVizMan,

Hope your doing well. Thanks for the link.

Here is my post if you or anyone else cares to monitor:
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23916#post23916

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers buddy I will pm a couple of people who volt mod and are on KPC

Take care
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hagi
Level 7
I just connected Asus Hotwire Black to MSI V-Check Point Red and am able to read the GPU voltages just fine. Asus Hotwire apparently has ground already tied on the motherboard so it is not needed between the GPU (which also uses the same ground obviously) and the motherboard. Was confirmed and helped by Zzollio on the other forum.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for reporting back, the guys in the overclocking world are quite friendly and willing to help out when it comes to hard mods.