cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guide to install windows 7 to SSD on G75VW

shinraiz
Level 7
Hello all,

I need a guide for installing SSD to my G75. Recently purchased a 128 GB Crucial M4, I'm not sure of how to install it.
The guide i need for step by step:

1. How to install the SSD to my G75
2. How to install the windows 7 originally pre loaded into g75 to my SSD
3. I want to use the HDD with preloaded windows as a storage drive. Do i need to set anything before using it?

Your help and knowledge will be very appreciated. Thanks a lot!
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
Here link about How to upgrade memory and HDD/SSD on Asus G75 maybe you can study it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nsPU9ERnA

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Here link about How to upgrade memory and HDD/SSD on Asus G75 maybe you can study it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nsPU9ERnA

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I've seen that video and it doesn't tell me anything... only how to open the back panel.
I kind of know hot to put the SSD to the bay, but what i need to know is what to do AFTER i put in the ssd.

Thanks a lot!

rewben
Level 13

rewben wrote:
@shinraiz, Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Thanks a lot! this is exactly what i need 🙂
but if want to use the factory HDD (750gb) which is preloaded with windows 7 as a storage drive, do i need to do anything to it before i start using it?

rewben
Level 13
perhaps you need to set the boot option to your ssd in bios also.

if you already have the recovery dvds/isos (and make sure they are working; they should be working because you use it to restore the stock windows in your ssd), you can do whatever you like with it. you can convert it into a MBR disk; remove the recovery partition to have more free space, etc.; it's up to you.

just make sure everything works fine before you start making changes to your stock drive. just be patient and take the time to test the system first.

rewben wrote:
perhaps you need to set the boot option to your ssd in bios also.

if you already have the recovery dvds/isos (and make sure they are working; they should be working because you use it to restore the stock windows in your ssd), you can do whatever you like with it. you can convert it into a MBR disk; remove the recovery partition to have more free space, etc.; it's up to you.

just make sure everything works fine before you start making changes to your stock drive. just be patient and take the time to test the system first.

Alright will do. Thanks a lot!!

rewben
Level 13
alright good luck! 😄