cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g73sw sound problem

rogue4ever
Level 7
Hello i just got my asus g73sw and it seems to have a problem it only plays sound from the subwoofer i installed the latest realtek drivers but the problems insist anyone know what should i do?
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
HI, when you play movie, the sound is normal or not? did you connect external audio? how to duplicate it.

In movies also it plays only from subwoofer, i dont have external speakers to connect to in order to test that

dstrakele
Level 14
I would perform an F9 ASUS Factory Restore. Press F9 at the ASUS splash screen and choose to restore Windows to the 1st partition. This will overwrite all data on your OS partition, so backup any important files. It will reboot the system several times, so be patient.

If the speaker problem persists, return your laptop to the retailer for an exchange to a new G73. Since you report you just got the laptop, I'm assuming you are still within the retailer's exchange/return period.

If you'd prefer not to restore Windows and retain your current installation, I recommend booting into a Linux "LiveCD" distribution and attempting to reproduce the problem. If the subwoofer still is the only speaker to produce audio, you've confirmed it's a hardware problem.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I already did a factory settings reset and formatted and everything so i guess its a hardware problem then 😕 allright i am gonna check with my retailer