cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG December VGA Challenge

HiVizMan
Level 40
ROG December VGA Challenge

Time for the Fanbois to step up and be counted. Which team will come out on top? The Red Team or the Green?

Starts 24th November 12 Noon GMT
Close 24th December 11:59 AM GMT

Benchmarks
Both benchmarks need to be submitted to have a valid submission.

3DMark Vantage – Performance setting – Download

UNIGINE HEAVEN - XTREME PRESET (DX11) – Download

Rules

Submission screenshot
• An open CPUz showing the frequency, RAM frequency tab and motherboard.
• An open GPUz
• The open benchmark clearly showing the relevant settings and individual test scores where applicable.

Official Challenge Wallpaper to be used. Will be available on Friday.

Examples of both benchmark screenshots

Courtesy of Andre Yang

Challenge is open to all ROG forum members

Restrictions
• CPU and GPU have to be at the same frequency for both submissions
• No ROG connect to be used – if a result is unbelievably good it normally means it is.
• Air and Water cooling only
• Latest versions of both benchmarks to be used.
• Vantage CPU score is to be maximum 50000.

Three Categories
• Single Card – one video card only and the submission is within the restrictions of the challenge.
• Multi Card – more than one video card and is within the restrictions of the challenge.
• Open – Go big, go hard and set new PB. No restrictions only for the brave or foolish.

Submissions to include
• List of hardware used
• Frequency of CPU and of GPU core and memory
• Method of cooling
• Unigene benchmark result and supporting screenshot
• 3DMark Vantage result and supporting screenshot

Each result will be provided an ER (Efficiency Rating) based on the hardware used. The only exception is the Open Class – only results count here.

Sandbagging will not be allowed, if you do not participate in the thread from the beginning and or make submissions in the early stages your results will be ignored in the final standing – my challenge so my rules. 😄

Most Importantly.

This is all about having fun, not about winning. This is all about learning stuff about your hardware and pushing your tweaking skills, not about winning. And most importantly if I have not yet said this, it is about having fun. :cool:
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
466 REPLIES 466

HiVizMan
Level 40
Leader Board is up

Final Standing in the Challenge

Single Card - XPack

Dual Card - Dartmaul

Open Class - Xrkc6x

My congratulations go to ALL who participated and my personal thanks for your submissions. I had a huge amount of fun doing the challenge, and made a new friend in the process. Sorry that you did not end up as the overall winner Dart but next time. 🙂

And to Menthol well done on getting the overall win, even though you did not take a class win your battle for single card was epic. Well done sir on the huge improvements you have shown.

And finally to 8 Pack, May I stand and salute you sir for your outstanding efforts this last year that culminated in you taking the world record for single card Vantage. May that be a taste of what is still to come.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Dartmaul
Level 12
So you'll be watching at overall vantage score, not GPU?

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is correct, the CPU score is a restriction - the total benchmark result is what I will be using for the ER..

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Excellent! Let the games begin....we who are about to bench salute you 🙂

Luumi
Level 10
Oh, so no 5.3ghz 3930k for this contest :(. Heh sounds fun, but I really want to get rid of the gpu-z hard lock thingy. It really gives me a head ache.
Sinebrychof aka Luumi

Retired
Not applicable
• Open – Go big (xtreme), go hard and set new PB. No restrictions only for the brave or foolish.

sound great.. Welcome to Thunderdome..

No restrictions, whatsoever, when it comes to core/ram mhz? (cpu(gpu)???

X Pack wrote:
• Open – Go big (xtreme), go hard and set new PB. No restrictions only for the brave or foolish.

sound great.. Welcome to Thunderdome..

No restrictions, whatsoever, when it comes to core/ram mhz? (cpu(gpu)???

Can we start by submitting single GPU scores then Multi-GPU's??
Welcome to Thunderdome, I like that X Pack,
(Brave or foolish),
I resemble the second description
Zka,
Gonna miss you my friend, have a good time and return safely

Zka17
Level 16
Wonderful! Two benchmarks at once... it suppose to be a real fun! :cool:

I won't be able to submit results in this challenge (couple thousand miles between my gear and me), but may I bee the main cheerleader?

Wish you all patience, perseverance - and, of course; GOOD LUCK!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Open means just that - it is only about the score. Anything legal goes, if you are not sure about what is legal and what is not just ask. But you can use liquid helium if you want to cool your VGA or use a PCIe extender and try to use 8 VGA if it was possible. What ever tickles your fancy.

Menthol you can do what ever you like, and yes you are welcome to take part in all three sections here.

Challenge link is up.

Again thanks to the usual suspect for making the wallpaper.