cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia message when gaming

obxtony
Level 7
rHi all,
I have the message 'This application is not rated y NVIDIA corps Rating: Unknown. Press ctrl+alt+insert to toggle this info.'
I get this with All of my games including the older ones, only happens with this notebook.
G74S Geforce GTX 560M 3GB Core i7 Win7.
when I hit the specified keys I just get booted to the desktop.
Can anyone help please??
Im 73 so please nothing to techy??
obxtony
6 REPLIES 6

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out this thread: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/488718/3d-vision/disable-this-application-is-not-rated-in-t....

It discusses launching NVIDIA Control Panel, locating the "Show or hide in-game compatibility" keyboard shortcut and changing it to another key or key combination (other than ctrl+alt+insert). This should allow the message to be toggled off instead of dumping you to the Desktop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

My Thaks DS
Unfortunately I cannot find the game compatabilty thing in my control panel.
Any further advise would be gratefuly recieved.
obxtony
im using wi7 64 bit.

dstrakele
Level 14
The shortcut should be in the "NVIDIA Control Panel" as opposed to the Windows Control Panel. Choose "Start", then type NVIDIA in the Search box, then select NVIDIA Control Panel from the results. Unfortunately. I'm on my phone and can't give better directions from memory.

PILGRIM
Level 11
obxtony wrote:
rHi all,
I have the message 'This application is not rated y NVIDIA corps Rating: Unknown. Press ctrl+alt+insert to toggle this info.'
I get this with All of my games including the older ones, only happens with this notebook.
G74S Geforce GTX 560M 3GB Core i7 Win7.
when I hit the specified keys I just get booted to the desktop.
Can anyone help please??
Im 73 so please nothing to techy??
obxtony

Instead of just the ctrl+alt+insert keys, press ctrl+fn+alt+insert keys altogether.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

dstrakele
Level 14
Aaahh - just press ALL the keys at once and be done with it...

Yeah. All three keys (ctrl+alt+insert) plus the fn key, and done.
ASUS G74SX-3DE