cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Folding/Gaming/Demo ROG RIG

Retired
Not applicable
Here is a worklog of my ROG RIG. Its primary purpose is to run the latest games when i go to gaming events and during its off time it likes to FOLD! I have even done folding demos at previous events and its turned out quite intersting. It has been through a lot.

Originally from a Rampage II Extreme and now upgraded to the Rampage III Extreme. I7 975 now upgraded to a 980X! From a corsair HX850 PSU which was awesome now upgraded to a 1200 watt antec True Power Quattro to handle a 4 card layout. With OCZ Vertex Series SSDs i will never go back to mechanical harddrives. EVER!! and finally my GPUs can consist of 4 5870 or GTX260, or GTX285, or really whatever i currently get my hands on for DEMO purposes.

Note the system is very messy and i have not dont any cable mangment due to switching parts out so often. For events i always tighten things up. SO here we go!

The Rampage III Extreme is set on a Caes Appeal AV8 case in open air. Intel 980x in place!

I also have a Corsair H50 watercooling kit. I actually like this kit very much. Easy plug and play setup but the stock fan is swapped out with a fan with higher RPM/Rheostat. its positioned to blow the air up and away from the board.

Corsair Dominator Memory kits with the Heatsinks replaced with the red ones. Flows better with the ROG colors. These fans also work really well.

Antec 1200 Watt True Power Quattro and OCZ vertex series SSD is a perfect ROG combo. drool...:p

WikiJJ overclocking the Rampage III Extreme to 4 GHZ ( on our 3D surround ready displays set on ERGOtech stands which are reallllly bad ass). We had it at 4.5GHZ but it was getting scary hot at that frequency during folding, so turned it down a bit.

And the finished rig currently rocking 4 GTX260 for Folding...

more updates to come soon
4 REPLIES 4

ottoyu34
Level 9
Drool at those Monitors and the stand. lovely.

Retired
Not applicable
currently running GTX260x4

martin_metal_88
Level 8
My god I remember the day these card came out! It was a nice day:) I wish I would have more of these little baby:( Nice rig Brian carry on your good work here!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
It's IMBA! Great!