cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciding between Vulcan pro and Orion pro

scoiexx
Level 7
Hello,

I am in a strong line between each of the headsets.

Apart from the ANC and 40mm drivers. Does the Orion vary much from the Vulcan performance wise?

S.
3 REPLIES 3

dedaciai
Level 10
scoiexx wrote:
Hello,

I am in a strong line between each of the headsets.

Apart from the ANC and 40mm drivers. Does the Orion vary much from the Vulcan performance wise?

S.

It depends on what your needs are?

Do you need a headset that is very portable?
Are you looking to have this headset do a bit of everything (i.e. like gaming, music and games)

Also, here is a review from bit tech about the Orion Pro.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/11/21/asus-rog-orion-pro-review/1
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Hello there,

I had checked out the review from them. But they just didn't cover what i was looking for..

Don't plan on going anywhere so portability would be 50/50 on me.

I plan on using them mainly for gaming but aiming for clearer quality as well (if can).

And almighty high in comfort, But i believe both are very comfy.

Thnx

S.

dedaciai
Level 10
Hi scoiexx,

Are you gaming on a laptop or a desktop? Does the desktop have a dedicated soundcard? Are you in the US ( I don't think the Vulcan Pro is coming to the US)

The reason I ask is because if you are gaming on a desktop with a dedicated sound card or a laptop with an external amp, you can do with out the 'Pro' version since your sound card with an equalizer will be able to do everything the USB dongle can do. This should save you a few quid.

I currently use the Phoebus with my Vulcan (mainly for gaming and some music/video) and really really like the set up. For music I have a preset equalizer setting to improve the mids and highs since the Vulcan really only shines in gaming compared to music/movies. However, when I tweaked my settings using the Dolby Equalizer it really made listening to music much more pleasurable.

I hope my input helps.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit