cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G55vw keyboard won't light up

Chinksta
Level 7
Hey guys,

I've noticed this lately. Every time I put my G55vw on sleep and resume, the keyboard won't light up. I tried using the fn key + F4 or F3 and nothing happens. The keyboard would only lit up after I shutdown and restart it. Is this a fault on the machine?
14 REPLIES 14

wantedzai
Level 7
Sup, G55VW owner here. Just tried, Sleep>Resume = keyboard light works fine.

dstrakele
Level 14
The G55 keyboard backlight failure to work after Resume from Sleep is a BIOS issue introduced after initial BIOS version 204 and resolved in BIOS update version 214. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18644-Problem-with-backlit-G55&p=182417&viewfull=1#post1824....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

sing_css
Level 9
update BIOS to 2.14, it will solve this problem^^

ggBanks
Level 10
But c_man said that when he updated his BIOS to the 2.14 version, his computer wouldn't turn on when he pressed the power button.

ggBanks wrote:
But c_man said that when he updated his BIOS to the 2.14 version, his computer wouldn't turn on when he pressed the power button.

Me, on 55? Are you sure?

My BIOS problem was on G75 and they fixed it with a new MB.

rewben
Level 13
i think there are some configurations / models sold not compatible with bios 2.14. some reported success without weird symptoms.

my g55 has the power button frozen during shutdown/sleep.

ggBanks
Level 10
That's strange! They should have released a new update by now. By the way my G55 has the same problem with the keyboard back-light.

rewben
Level 13
i'm not sure what's going on; i would like to reset my cmos but i couldn't find a way to do that.

strangely, after i did several times of bios upgrades/downgrades (2.09 -> 2.14 -> 2.09), my keyboard back-light works now when i put it to sleep. i have disabled hibernate so only sleep is available.

On topic, this is a BIOS problem, update and it should work.