cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GTX 690 fan problem

sidewayz
Level 7
hi folks! can you replace a gtx 690 oem fan? one of my fins broke when i was cleaning it :cool: i was wondering if u could order or replace it? if so where do i order can u give me a link or something? btw everything is working fine its just the fin broke. load temps idle etc is all the same. just looks ugly with a broken fin. 14182

anyway thanks in advance for the help.
never forget your beginner's spirit!
18 REPLIES 18

sidewayz
Level 7
btw the fan itself i think is plastic? or correct me if im wrong. i think the only magnesium material is the housing.

HiVizMan
Level 40
hmm never had any need to replace one before. Not sure who can help you actually.

Free bumb
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TenBlade
Level 11
If a fan replacement can´t be done, you could acquire an aftermarket cooler from Arctic Cooling, I did a tri-fan build on a 260 back in the days, super cool (and cool looking), and very silent. I´d do it again if they didn´t make them dual or tri-fan from the factory. Very exciting build.
Until then you could, for balance, break off the direct opposite fan blade, see if it´ll spin right. But expect reduced effect. If it vibrates, turn it off immediately, vibrations could probably ruin the bearing.

seriously no fan oem replacement for the 690? hmmm if i cant find a damn fan i guess ill have to sell this.

tenblade thanks for the headsup! i hear vibrating coming from the card when the fan reaches 60% speed. so its not advisable to run it now?
also is it a good idea to glue the fin back with a sticky adhesive or is it bad idea? lol

sidewayz
Level 7
oh well i guess ill have to rma this one for safety. thanks

does ASUS accepts rma for broken fin from fans? im willing to pay as long as its replaced with the oem fan.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You could ask ASUS to repair it, not sure they do but hell why not find out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
You could ask ASUS to repair it, not sure they do but hell why not find out.

It would cost though as it's user damage 😞

I'd opt for an after market cooler personally - you can't even take the fan out and strap another to the top because the airflow from a downward fan would be insufficient versus blower style.

sidewayz
Level 7
yeah i know i am willing to pay for the fan as long as asus replaces it. but the question now is how much for that replacement? im not paying 1000$ just for the damn fan lol switching for an aftermarket cooler? it would ruin the 690's design dont u think? i dont think it would fit inside the magnesium casing.

sidewayz wrote:
yeah i know i am willing to pay for the fan as long as asus replaces it. but the question now is how much for that replacement? im not paying 1000$ just for the damn fan lol switching for an aftermarket cooler? it would ruin the 690's design dont u think? i dont think it would fit inside the magnesium casing.

aftermarket cooler means you will remove the original OEM casing and fans from the 690 and replacing it with a newer unit...just like switching from either Intel or AMD's stock coolers, to aftermarket units 🙂