Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Well, not exactly since in some cases it will not boot at all. My advice, just use the CPU&RAM stock. There must be a reason why Asus never put the Performance option in BIOS itself, like in G55. And I guess is just that, it won't boot in some scenarios. Also seems like reset is not an option as well.

Some G75s do not have the best thermal paste and heat can be an issue. Do a Furmark benchmark and post the numbers. For one run only it will be safe. DO NOT use it daily.

For 670M OC use Nvidia Inspector. Best tool for the job.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array siddique305's Avatar

Hello Thread Viewer. I Successfully Overclocked My G75 To 750Mhz And 1650Mhz. Heat 20 -30 degrees Celsius And When Video Rendering (Adobe Premiere Elements CS6) And Gaming 50 - 60 degrees celsius - System Was Stable And When I Ran Ungine Heaven With Everything At High Exept For 3D I Got A Score Of 754 Celsius. Battlefield 3 Ultra 1920x1080 I Got 50 - 60fps (Unbelievable But True). I Coild Also Play Battlefield Bad Company At Everything High With 3D And Got 30+fps. This Machine Is Truly A BEAST. Love My Beast.

SPECIAL THANKS TO 1m04t41, Sqnkov,mrwolf,lilfoot95,c_man And Bnaughty. These Good People Helped Me Alot ! Thanks Guys. And If You Guys Play TF2 Add Me - GAMER-X-1999 .

Siddique
    Last edited by siddique305; 12-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Ah good to hear how it all worked out

By the way since you seem to be an avid first person shooter player and like battlefield 3 so much. Check this out you will not regret entering this mmo ! most addictive fps ive ever played so far, it will make you forget alll about battlefield my friend..

www.planetside2.com

It plays amazingly well on the G75 but still kinda makes you feel like the beast is not such a beaast :P lol the game is heavvvily heavvily CPU and GPU intensive but is still being optimized.

Heres the gamespy review - http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/planetside-2/1226727p1.html

[QUOTE=mrwolf;191837]Ah good to hear how it all worked out

By the way since you seem to be an avid first person shooter player and like battlefield 3 so much. Check this out you will not regret entering this mmo ! most addictive fps ive ever played so far, it will make you forget alll about battlefield my friend..

www.planetside2.com

It plays amazingly well on the G75 but still kinda makes you feel like the beast is not such a beaast :P lol the game is heavvvily heavvily CPU and GPU intensive but is still being optimized.

Heres the gamespy review - http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/planetside-2/1226727p1.html[/QUOTE

Hahahaha..... Thanks Alot Bro For The Recomendation ! Never Heard Of The Game Before.

Siddique

I think Farcry is out, right?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Yea man my bro got that like 2 days ago he told me its one of the best Singleplayer campaigns hes played and runs great on the G75 too with a slight OC..

That's cool, I'll give it a try asap.

I Really Want To Try Out Planet Side 2 More Than Any Other Game !

Siddique
    Last edited by siddique305; 12-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
    Yea GPU can be easily overclocked by either using MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X or Nvidia Inspector.. They are all based on RivaTuner so its up to you what you wanna use..
    Ideally you should test by putting up the frequency by 20 and give it a run on Uniengine Heaven. See how it performs, any heat etc.. If you notice excessive heat or artifacts then you know you have reached the limit and should use a lower frequency.
    Every card is different but generally the 670M's should be able to hit 750/1650mhz stable.. and for benching some people have put it to 800/1750 which is very very high OC. I personally play pretty much all my games at 740/1650 and it runs very smooth with no issues, just a little bit more heat but nothing harmful in any way.

You can OC CPU but its not recommended.. I have used it and it works fine on my system. Set it to 2.4 - 3.4 GHZ and it performed like a beast for CPU intensive games. CPU + GPU OC gave me around +30fps in planetside 2, huge difference and absolutley no excessive heat on the CPU, although i did notice GPU was getting hotter than usual ( 77degrees ).
    But the only issue with using the Intel extreme tuning utility is that some people have reported problems with its fails safe. For example if your system has a BSOD or just crashes and ends up restarting with your CPU OC'd, it will alter your bios and the OC setting will become stock, no way to reduce the mhz. so becareful with that.

Can You Please Tell Me How To Overclock CPU To 2.4 - 3.4 With Intel Extreme Tuning Utility ?

Downloading Planet Side 2 !! Cant Wait

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast