cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Solved) Overclocking Nvidia GTX670M,3610QM And Heating Issue

siddique305
Level 7
Will I Be Able To Overclock My Nvidia GTX670M In Asus G75VW ? If So, Please Tell Me How. And Is It Safe To Overclock, What I Mean By That Is Will It Overheat Or Crash And I'll Be Using My G75 For 4+ Years, So Will Overclocking Make It Not Last Longer ? And Does Overclocking Really Boost GPU Perfomance ? Is There Any Way To Overclock CPU Also It Is A 3610QM. One More Question, Its Only Been 3 Days Since I Brought My G75 And It Started Heating Up (When Doing Simple Tasks) Inbetween The Numpad And Keyboard. Is This Normal ? I Just Asked Because I Have Heard That The Cooling System In The G75 Is The Best.

Thanks In Advance.

Siddique
34 REPLIES 34

Quasimodem
Level 10
I have a slight bit of heat in the same spot... I wouldn't worry about it unless it's an abnormal amount...
G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

BNaughty wrote:
I have a slight bit of heat in the same spot... I wouldn't worry about it unless it's an abnormal amount...

Oh okay ! Thanks I Though It Was An Only issue With My BEAST ! 😉

lilfoot95
Level 7
siddique305 wrote:
Will I Be Able To Overclock My Nvidia GTX670M In Asus G75VW ? If So, Please Tell Me How. And Is It Safe To Overclock, What I Mean By That Is Will It Overheat Or Crash And I'll Be Using My G75 For 4+ Years, So Will Overclocking Make It Not Last Longer ? And Does Overclocking Really Boost GPU Perfomance ? Is There Any Way To Overclock CPU Also It Is A 3610QM. One More Question, Its Only Been 3 Days Since I Brought My G75 And It Started Heating Up (When Doing Simple Tasks) Inbetween The Numpad And Keyboard. Is This Normal ? I Just Asked Because I Have Heard That The Cooling System In The G75 Is Excellent

Thanks In Advance.

OC'ing is safe as long as you do it in small increments and run furmark or play a game with those settings and watch temps if you get artifacts or it crashes you went to high
Overclocking does help the GPU, helped mine a lot and it does produce a little more heat but my max has been 56-58 celsius while playing games
OC'ing CPU: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-ext...
But your CPU should be fine, I don't think there is a need to OC it
Computer: Asus G75VW-BHI7N07 Screen: 17.3" 1920x1080p Anti-Glare Matte
CPU: Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3630qm 2.4ghz GPU: Nvidia GTX660m (Max OC without custom Bios)
Memory: 16gb 1600mhz Crucial HDD:1TB 5400rpm
Mouse Pad: Rocketfish Gaming Mouse Pad Headset: Turtle Beach DPX21
Best score on Mark 3D Vantage: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4426293 14144 3D Marks

lilfoot95 wrote:
OC'ing is safe as long as you do it in small increments and run furmark or play a game with those settings and watch temps if you get artifacts or it crashes you went to high
Overclocking does help the GPU, helped mine a lot and it does produce a little more heat but my max has been 56-58 celsius while playing games
OC'ing CPU: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-ext...
But your CPU should be fine, I don't think there is a need to OC it

Thanks For The Advice !

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea GPU can be easily overclocked by either using MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X or Nvidia Inspector.. They are all based on RivaTuner so its up to you what you wanna use..
Ideally you should test by putting up the frequency by 20 and give it a run on Uniengine Heaven. See how it performs, any heat etc.. If you notice excessive heat or artifacts then you know you have reached the limit and should use a lower frequency.
Every card is different but generally the 670M's should be able to hit 750/1650mhz stable.. and for benching some people have put it to 800/1750 which is very very high OC. I personally play pretty much all my games at 740/1650 and it runs very smooth with no issues, just a little bit more heat but nothing harmful in any way.

You can OC CPU but its not recommended.. I have used it and it works fine on my system. Set it to 2.4 - 3.4 GHZ and it performed like a beast 🙂 for CPU intensive games. CPU + GPU OC gave me around +30fps in planetside 2, huge difference and absolutley no excessive heat on the CPU, although i did notice GPU was getting hotter than usual ( 77degrees ).
But the only issue with using the Intel extreme tuning utility is that some people have reported problems with its fails safe. For example if your system has a BSOD or just crashes and ends up restarting with your CPU OC'd, it will alter your bios and the OC setting will become stock, no way to reduce the mhz. so becareful with that.

mrwolf wrote:
Yea GPU can be easily overclocked by either using MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X or Nvidia Inspector.. They are all based on RivaTuner so its up to you what you wanna use..
Ideally you should test by putting up the frequency by 20 and give it a run on Uniengine Heaven. See how it performs, any heat etc.. If you notice excessive heat or artifacts then you know you have reached the limit and should use a lower frequency.
Every card is different but generally the 670M's should be able to hit 750/1650mhz stable.. and for benching some people have put it to 800/1750 which is very very high OC. I personally play pretty much all my games at 740/1650 and it runs very smooth with no issues, just a little bit more heat but nothing harmful in any way.

You can OC CPU but its not recommended.. I have used it and it works fine on my system. Set it to 2.4 - 3.4 GHZ and it performed like a beast 🙂 for CPU intensive games. CPU + GPU OC gave me around +30fps in planetside 2, huge difference and absolutley no excessive heat on the CPU, although i did notice GPU was getting hotter than usual ( 77degrees ).
But the only issue with using the Intel extreme tuning utility is that some people have reported problems with its fails safe. For example if your system has a BSOD or just crashes and ends up restarting with your CPU OC'd, it will alter your bios and the OC setting will become stock, no way to reduce the mhz. so becareful with that.

Thanks A Lot ! I Overclocked Mine To 750Mhz And 1650Mhz

mrwolf wrote:

Many Thanks For Replying.

mrwolf wrote:

Can't you just reflash the bios if this happens?
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Hello Thread Viewer. I Successfully Overclocked My G75 To 750Mhz And 1650Mhz. Heat 20 -30 degrees Celsius And When Video Rendering (Adobe Premiere Elements CS6) And Gaming 50 - 60 degrees celsius - System Was Stable And When I Ran Ungine Heaven With Everything At High Exept For 3D I Got A Score Of 754 Celsius. Battlefield 3 Ultra 1920x1080 I Got 50 - 60fps (Unbelievable But True). I Coild Also Play Battlefield Bad Company At Everything High With 3D And Got 30+fps. This Machine Is Truly A BEAST. Love My Beast.

SPECIAL THANKS TO 1m04t41, Sqnkov,mrwolf,lilfoot95,c_man And Bnaughty. These Good People Helped Me Alot ! Thanks Guys. And If You Guys Play TF2 Add Me - GAMER-X-1999 .

Siddique