Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taichi 31

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Quote Originally Posted by emurach View Post
    Seem Asus is missing the simple facts in the USA. Year after year. Asus misses getting out the products before Christmas (25 December). I was looking to purchase a Taichi 31 for my mother as a christmas present. It now looks like Asus is late. So no present. Now I have to start shopping other vendors for a 13" netbook. Given the debacle on the G75VW missing 802.11ac, thunderbolt and the bad sound chip. And, now this Asus is really getting on my bad side. The companies going down slowly. And, quality been slipping alot too.
    I don't have any special knowledge on this, but I would guess that was the plan initially, then some kind of issue cropped up and forced mgmt to make a choice between delaying the launch or having a significantly flawed product going to market. IMO, I would rather wait a little longer.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

The construction of the Taichi is extremely complex, and specific components are in very short supply so the time to market is more difficult than anticipated unfortunately. For a product never made before it's unfortunate but not unexpected sorry

The new G75VX which is out now has Thunderbolt, .ac option and sound drivers are far more mature.

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    The construction of the Taichi is extremely complex, and specific components are in very short supply so the time to market is more difficult than anticipated unfortunately. For a product never made before it's unfortunate but not unexpected sorry

The new G75VX which is out now has Thunderbolt, .ac option and sound drivers are far more mature.
    Who knew I actually absorbed so much info from those 8AM POM classes back in college?! Here I always thought I was barely managing to stay awake at such an ungodly early hour.

Anyway, to those looking to buy a Taichi I will say that based off the advance unit I got to play with for a few minutes, you'll probably consider it worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post

Just like software! I haven't worked on hardware, but I am sensitive to your troubles, and I can't fault you, considering that software never gets done early. lol
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Um..

Distro had a bunch in stock the other day but when I placed a order for some they ran out of stock.

I back ordered one and it should be here soonish
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    Um..

Distro had a bunch in stock the other day but when I placed a order for some they ran out of stock.

I back ordered one and it should be here soonish
    Sweet! Looking forward to hearing all about it...is that user title advertising??? tsk tsk

Naah...just kidding!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2