cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brimstone

DarthBeavis
Level 9
May as well make a worklog now for it.

This is one of the side panels from a Danger Den Double-wide I will be building. The rest of it is still being painted. Air-brusher = www.stevenunez.com
rig will be Asus Rampage II - Quad SLI 295s (at least until Nvidia gets me Fermis and until I get a Rampage III) and modest i7 920 until I get a 980x. 12 Gigs of Corsair Dominator, full Danger Den water-cooling except Koolance GPU blocks and reservoir/pump unit. Painted PSU, two painted Feser 480 rads.

Can only link the pic as the nudity has not been layered over yet
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4818/img9728l.jpg

My air-brush artist Steve Nunez with his masterpieces:

The rads, PSU housing, NAS Box, and pump (courtesy of Koolance)

23 REPLIES 23

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Case assembled but waiting on parts from Performance PCs before I can get it all put together.

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Had a few days home between trips so I got started . . .still waiting for four 480s and an Asus R3E . . .
First, I get my fittings sponsored and I do not want to shell out cash for those nice black ones so . . .

Ghetto powers . . . activate!

Will have to touch them up after installing but such is life:

Still waiting for fitting extenders so for now I am using other ones to test fit. I am using a set of Koolance manifolds to allow me to do a nice parallel setup. Will it perform well? Who knows?

The optical bay is one the back in this rig. It will house a Martix Orbital Typhoon display, one of the cool new Lamptron fan controllers, and a blue ray drive. I am thinking about stealthing the bay with modders mesh.

Using AC Ryan fan grills for contrast with the case.

Also will use inline temp sensors since I am using Asus ROG boards

By the time I get home from Miami I should have a sleeved PSU from Performance PCS and hopefully will know if I need to do short-term build with my existing hardware (have to be at a show on April 30th) or if my new stuff will be here.

DarthBeavis
Level 9

PSU Sleeving by Performance PCs . . .

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Rolled up some red LEDS for the GPU blocks:

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Leak testing . . .I realize this type of loop is a little different but then I love to experiment . . .if it does not work well I can always change it and will have to redo it all when my Rampage 3 and 480s come in . .

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Good GNUs . . .I am on Brimstone now . . it fired up just fine . . .temps are not horrible. Temp 1 and 3 are the inline sensors (in the in and out manifolds). Only a 2 degree delta. Thought it would be more. Going to fire up some Bad Company 2 before finishing it up. . .

DarthBeavis
Level 9
My secret modder's tools:

My friend at Riddick Graphics made me a nice wrap for the dvd drive and modesty coverups for my case (based on the artwork on my case by Steve Nunez www.stevenunez.com )):

Got once side done - tomorrow wire management other side and it is done for now - until my 480s and Rampage III get here anyways)

DarthBeavis
Level 9

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Got the 480s in, still need another unisleeved cable but this will work to game on for now - have to replace this with a Rampage III still anyways:
score: 35249
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2164951

Not sure what I think of this loop yet.