cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor Flaw in Construction

Enterfrize
Level 8
Hi Guys!

I know this may sound a bit nuts (maybe it is), but I just wanted to know if others have it.

I noticed that in front of my space bar on my G75VW-DS73, there is a bump in the metal and the seam is imperfect. It's as though there is a wire underneath that is preventing the casing from sitting the way it should. It's really not a big deal, but I was wondering if others are getting the same thing?

Regards,
Enterfrize
16 REPLIES 16

chrsplmr
Level 18
Can you post a pic ?

btw. How does it 'run' ?

Welcome to ROG.c.

finalhour
Level 11
sounds like you've got a dud, post a photo
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Look at the metal in front of the space bar. I'm just concerned because the touchpad hasn't been behaving the way I expect - I have doubts.

What do you think?

Regards,
Enterfrize

Pitcher1
Level 9
HI, is it influence your function? if you have concern, please send to ASUS RC to check is it in DOA Spec.

My G75VW does not look like that ... yours looks a little unusual ...

john_from_ohio wrote:
My G75VW does not look like that ... yours looks a little unusual ...

Good to know. MY G53SX doesn't have the metal construction, but the plastic body doesn't have a bulge either.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

I'm honestly not sure if it's impacting the function. The available diagnostic tools tell me nothing is wrong with the touchpad (e.g. the consistent pressure meter, and mood pad behave the way they should), but I find the accuracy varies from game to game. I just don't know.

I'll email the thread to the tech I've been in touch with. Maybe there is more to this than I realized.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
HI, is it influence your function? if you have concern, please send to ASUS RC to check is it in DOA Spec.

I'm honestly not sure if it's impacting the function. The available diagnostic tools tell me nothing is wrong with the touchpad (e.g. the consistent pressure meter, and mood pad behave the way they should), but I find the accuracy varies from game to game. I just don't know.

I'll email the thread to the tech I've been in touch with. Maybe there is more to this than I realized.

Regards,
Enterfrize

madnj
Level 9
Looks like you have a dent/crease in the aluminum panel, but I highly doubt it's impairing functionality. That said, I don't really think you'll have the greatest of experiences trying to game on a touchpad, especially one of the size that's on the G75. I much prefer a traditional mouse for gaming. My G75 touchpad has been decent and FAR better than that on my old G73 which was very hyperactive, but I still don't find it nearly as precise as the touchpad I used on a previous Lenovo laptop. That Lenovo was a piece of crap though, so the touchpad was one of the few high points.

I'd say the picture doesn't indicate any functional issues, but I'd recommend a mouse for gaming anyway just for enhanced overall precision.