cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW : Cannot start computer with the battery (the laptop is 16 mounths old)

Bvic
Level 7
Hello.

Last time I had to move, I had a bad surprise : The battery is unable to power the computer. If I unplug the computer, it is turned off savagely, if the computer is turned off, pressing the power button does nothing.

What is surprising is that the battery is recognised : It's writtent "Charging", the % of charge ...

What should I do ?
5 REPLIES 5

dstrakele
Level 14
If I were in your situation, I'd replace the battery.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

cl-scott
Level 12
Sounds like typical symptoms of a battery that has long since been consumed. So as suggested, replacing the battery would be the first move. If that doesn't seem to help, then you've got other issues.

Juiceboxxhero
Level 7
Bvic wrote:
Hello.

Last time I had to move, I had a bad surprise : The battery is unable to power the computer. If I unplug the computer, it is turned off savagely, if the computer is turned off, pressing the power button does nothing.

What is surprising is that the battery is recognised : It's writtent "Charging", the % of charge ...

What should I do ?

A friend with the same laptop had the same issue. When he got a new battery, he had no issues. It's just a dead battery

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, please connect to ASUS service center to get new battery, or you always connect adapter when you use computer.

n3tninja
Level 9
THE BEST EVER FIX FOR THIS, WHICH IS KNOWN TO WORK 100% 😄 !!! IS..........

Buy a new battery -_-
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.