Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 222
  1. #31
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    What BIOS version are you using??

    -Raja
    I was using the 0027 beta BIOS, but switched to the new official one.

  2. #32
    Drakonniz
    Guest

    Exclamation CPU woes

    Ok, I have an interesting update. It seems as though my ram is fine and its the CPU bugging. I ran prime after I figured out it was indeed the correct prime95 program, and the ram tested at 100% load to test 4 when I stopped it. However, My CPU fails on worker 1 constantly and by the next test series, the computer freezes like pausing a movie. I raised the CPU voltage and it failed faster. It happens at 44C to 45C. Please tell me I don't have a faulty CPU I cant replace it.

  3. #33
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    That freeze is due to either processor or DRAM instability - it's not a faulty CPU. What memory timings and frequency are you running?

    -Raja

  4. #34
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by cecil View Post
    I was using the 0027 beta BIOS, but switched to the new official one.
    Might need to relax some memory sub-timings and see if it helps..

    -Raja

  5. #35
    Drakonniz
    Guest

    Exclamation Timings Galore

    Hey Raja,

    By the time this is all done with i'm going to owe you... lol.
    My timings are as follows :

    CPU : 3.3GHz non-OC, all settings/Voltages [AUTO]
    DRAM : 9-9-9-27-6-36-12-5
    DRAM 2ND : 7-2-6-4-4-160- {AUTO 7.8/3.9 timing}
    Command Rate : 2T
    Ram type : (2X) Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz Dual HyperX KHX1600C9D3X2K2
    All Ram Voltages [AUTO].

    Just in case, I find it important to note that one of 2 constants happen when prime95 crashes, 1) the test fails at set 3-4, OR 2) the number 1 or 3 (9/10 is 1) worker says "hardware fail" and when the tests cycle to the next test set the system locks freeze frame style. In my earlier post I stated that raising the CPU Voltage caused a faster crash, however, I was incorrect seeing as how when i entered my bios again the voltage was on auto and not manually set. I merely THOUGHT I manually set the voltage value. Hope this in some small way helps figure out my real issue. I'm tired of going in hopeless circles.

  6. #36
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Might need to relax some memory sub-timings and see if it helps..

    -Raja
    I manually set them to 8-9-8-24-6-6-6-8 37-7-3-4-4-2T
    At 276HTT 1840Mhz 7-9-7-24 passes prime with 1.6V (1.64V measured)

  7. #37
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonniz View Post
    Hey Raja,

    By the time this is all done with i'm going to owe you... lol.
    My timings are as follows :

    CPU : 3.3GHz non-OC, all settings/Voltages [AUTO]
    DRAM : 9-9-9-27-6-36-12-5
    DRAM 2ND : 7-2-6-4-4-160- {AUTO 7.8/3.9 timing}
    Command Rate : 2T
    Ram type : (2X) Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz Dual HyperX KHX1600C9D3X2K2
    All Ram Voltages [AUTO].

    Just in case, I find it important to note that one of 2 constants happen when prime95 crashes, 1) the test fails at set 3-4, OR 2) the number 1 or 3 (9/10 is 1) worker says "hardware fail" and when the tests cycle to the next test set the system locks freeze frame style. In my earlier post I stated that raising the CPU Voltage caused a faster crash, however, I was incorrect seeing as how when i entered my bios again the voltage was on auto and not manually set. I merely THOUGHT I manually set the voltage value. Hope this in some small way helps figure out my real issue. I'm tired of going in hopeless circles.
    Set the CPU~NB voltage to 1.20V with two DIMMs at DDR3-1600. Set the read to read delay at 4 clocks with a 2T Command Rate and let's see if it still fails.

    -Raja

  8. #38
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by cecil View Post
    I manually set them to 8-9-8-24-6-6-6-8 37-7-3-4-4-2T
    At 276HTT 1840Mhz 7-9-7-24 passes prime with 1.6V (1.64V measured)
    Looks like you've missed out showing us all of the timings there.

    What's tWR set to?



    -Raja

  9. #39
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Looks like you've missed out showing us all of the timings there.

    What's tWR set to?


    -Raja
    Looks like I missed that one, CPU-Tweaker says 10, Ill double check the BIOS and try 12.

    EDIT: Yeah, it was on auto which was 10. Changed to 12, and just booted 280HTT with all 4Gb showing. Going to try a few more times to make sure it sticks.

  10. #40
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    "DRAM Write Recovery Time: Defines the number of clock cycles that must elapse between a memory write operation and a Precharge command. Most DRAM configurations will operate with a setting of 10 clocks up to DDR3-1866. After that, relaxing to 12+ clocks may be necessary at DDR3-2000+."

    That was it, thanks pointing that out. Ill throw up some screens when Im done testing.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 145
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 03:25 AM
  2. P67/Z68 BIOS Guide - BASIC~Intermediate Overclocking
    By Raja@ASUS in forum Other Series Motherboards
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 06:52 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •