Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    ROG Enthusiast Array Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    29

    their should be a matching keyboard.... lol

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array injunchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    so when is it going to be release in the u.s.? been checking every day to see if it is for sale yet, and nothing yet.
    Crosshair V mb, cpu amd 1100T 6 core, 2-Asus 560oc vc, antec 900 case, 12g memory, win 7 pro on 120g ssd, w/velociraptor 320g, antec 100 watercooling, 2 multi-dvd/cd writers, logitech g15 keyboard, G700 mouse.

  3. #13
    ROG Enthusiast Array DeXZoR PC Specs
    DeXZoR PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE V EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 32GB DDR4 2666MHz
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980TI MATRIX
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980TI MATRIX
    MonitorAsus Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1.
    Storage #2.
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX850
    Keyboard QPAD MK-85
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    DeXZoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    Got my Asus ROG GX1000 Gaming Mouse today jippi

  4. #14
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U
    _'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    119
    Posts
    5,750

    Quote Originally Posted by injunchuck View Post
    so when is it going to be release in the u.s.? been checking every day to see if it is for sale yet, and nothing yet.
    Hopefully in Jan! Late December is not really a productive time sorry :O

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    539

    ok, These are just my two cents so PLEASE DON'T HATE ME ASUS!
    It is nothing PERSONAL I am just saying a few thoughts on this mice as well as Other mice.
    Do not take it personal, as I would love to hear a discussion.

    I personally would not buy this mouse due to one sole reason sadly...

    I don't know where companies are getting their Gaming mouse designs from these days, but the one design flaw in HIGH Uncomfort is the mouse palm rest area, It jabs into joints and are uncomfortable.

    By this area i mean that they make it not round but triangular. this puts pressure into the bones.
    I know because I used a mouse similar, as its a amazing mouse, this one design part prevents me from Long periods of gaming.

    if you take a look at this picture you will see it has a triangular shape at the palm rest area at the very top of the picture.
    http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploa...hands-on-7.jpg

    Asus should have not went with this design, and should have gotten feedback regarding it.
    they should have went with the classic Rounded palm rest.

    I really can not game much on my mouse that is similar unless I make my hand cocked sideways because of that triangular palm rest area, I have heard many others complain too.

    So please any insight on why you guys thought this was better please discuss I am curious to what is making alot of other companies do the same.

  6. #16
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody_Irwin View Post
    ok, These are just my two cents so PLEASE DON'T HATE ME ASUS!
    It is nothing PERSONAL I am just saying a few thoughts on this mice as well as Other mice.
    Do not take it personal, as I would love to hear a discussion.

    I personally would not buy this mouse due to one sole reason sadly...

    I don't know where companies are getting their Gaming mouse designs from these days, but the one design flaw in HIGH Uncomfort is the mouse palm rest area, It jabs into joints and are uncomfortable.

    By this area i mean that they make it not round but triangular. this puts pressure into the bones.
    I know because I used a mouse similar, as its a amazing mouse, this one design part prevents me from Long periods of gaming.

    if you take a look at this picture you will see it has a triangular shape at the palm rest area at the very top of the picture.
    http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploa...hands-on-7.jpg

    Asus should have not went with this design, and should have gotten feedback regarding it.
    they should have went with the classic Rounded palm rest.

    I really can not game much on my mouse that is similar unless I make my hand cocked sideways because of that triangular palm rest area, I have heard many others complain too.

    So please any insight on why you guys thought this was better please discuss I am curious to what is making alot of other companies do the same.

    Let me start by stating that I have not tried the new Asus mouse yet so what you say might be totally legit. I do however want to point out that there are 3 different ways to hold a gaming mouse depending on what type of game you play like RTS or FPS. Do you thinking it's possible that the mouse is not designed ergonomically based on your specific hand position? Here is link for some more info: http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/advantage.

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    539

    Yixingchen, Id like to note you are correct "Sorta"
    The fact the palm area has nothing to do with any other grip type besides palm grip is completely wrong though.
    MOST people use palm grip especially for normal daily tasks, with any other grip style, your hand is not on the palm rest area anywhere near as much as the palm grip. Especially if you look at the link you sent me from Razer they clearly show the palm area not being used for any other grip then a slight touch of your skin.

    Id tell you what my job is but then I would have to eliminate you atm. =P
    I just simply know what I think and read about others regarding similar mouse design for palm area. Lets put it at that =P

    Btw if I sound rude don't be mistaken just its how I sound if you never spoke with me before =)



    Quote Originally Posted by yixingchen View Post
    Let me start by stating that I have not tried the new Asus mouse yet so what you say might be totally legit. I do however want to point out that there are 3 different ways to hold a gaming mouse depending on what type of game you play like RTS or FPS. Do you thinking it's possible that the mouse is not designed ergonomically based on your specific hand position? Here is link for some more info: http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/advantage.

  8. #18
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody_Irwin View Post
    Yixingchen, Id like to note you are correct "Sorta"
    The fact the palm area has nothing to do with any other grip type besides palm grip is completely wrong though.
    MOST people use palm grip especially for normal daily tasks, with any other grip style, your hand is not on the palm rest area anywhere near as much as the palm grip. Especially if you look at the link you sent me from Razer they clearly show the palm area not being used for any other grip then a slight touch of your skin.

    Id tell you what my job is but then I would have to eliminate you atm. =P
    I just simply know what I think and read about others regarding similar mouse design for palm area. Lets put it at that =P

    Btw if I sound rude don't be mistaken just its how I sound if you never spoke with me before =)
    No offense taken. If you read my post I never called you out, only to make a possible suggestion. I currently use GX900 which is discontinued for whatever reason. Like having new shoes, at first I didn't like the feel, but now it's harder for me to switch to a mouse that's not that shape. GX900 has the round design like you said and it's very comfortable to me now. If what you say is true it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this new design.

  9. #19
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    313

    Quote Originally Posted by yixingchen View Post
    No offense taken. If you read my post I never called you out, only to make a possible suggestion. I currently use GX900 which is discontinued for whatever reason. Like having new shoes, at first I didn't like the feel, but now it's harder for me to switch to a mouse that's not that shape. GX900 has the round design like you said and it's very comfortable to me now. If what you say is true it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this new design.
    A gaming mouse is a very personal thing. Even myself when I look at that Razer guide I have no idea how ~not~ to use palm grip because I am so used to it.

    I think you should always give feedback, ROG has a very specific design style and target market that understandably may not cater to everyone.

    Like myself, I actually want a wireless mouse, gaming or not, just my preference although many will say they need that hardcore responsiveness of wired, etc.

    As for myself after using Mac trackpads my G55 trackpad is understandably nowhere close so to start off I got a "simple" Razer Taipan.

    I don't do massive gaming sessions, maybe 2-3 hours max, maybe every night or so when games like Dead Space 3 come out.

    Would love to try out the Eagle Eye in person and see whether it is suitable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •