cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2 1100T or AMD 8350?

Absentslacker
Level 7
I currently have AMD Phenom x6 1100T on a crosshair v with 16g of 1600mhz g.skill ram. I run 4.2 steady on air at 37C. Mainly use my pc for photoshop, c4d, and pro tools (audio production) but i'm having a lot of fun experimenting with overclocking. I
m interested in swapping my 1100t for the new 8350 8 core because that comes stock at 4.0 and turbo to 4.2 so my thoughts are i should be able to get to 4.5-5 without much trouble... Honestly I'd really like to make the swap to intel, say 3930, but between that and mobo, its a little (or a lot) out of my price range. Anyway, would the swap to amd 8350 make that much of a difference? Thoughts or opinions please. Thank you in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
what air cooling are you using? I pushed my FX4170(stock 4.2) to 5GHz, if you live in Aus and were gonna get the PD, i'd be interested in buyin that 1100T 😛

Im using the Zalman USA CNPS9900MAX-R CPU Cooler. And Im in the states sorry

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
No worries lol and you should have no problem getting a 24/7 of 5GHz with that cooler, just be mindful to watch your temps - just in case. Oh and as you are running on the CHVF, make sure you flash your BIOS to the latest 1703 revision BEFORE you swap the CPU's otherwise you won't get it to boot.

The 8350 to 5ghz you mean, right? And thats stable?

And thanx for the BIOS tip cause i probably would've screwed that up haha

Lol sorry, you said 24/7, Im Still waking up

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
It's all good and no worries 🙂

Granger
Level 10
I would keep that Phenom, if not, you could auction it, because a 4.2 stable on air, someone will take your arm off to get it.
What settings have you used in the bios? i can't get mine over 4055mhz and I'm watercooled 😞 And which bios are you running? I think I'm on the 1102 bios if I remember rightly.

Absentslacker
Level 7
Bios - Version 1503, Caption 06/27/2012
MB - Crosshair V Formula, Version Rev 1.xx

CPU Bus - 200MHz
CPU/NB Voltage - 1.5
CPU Voltage - 1.49375
DRAM Voltage - 1.55
Mult - 21
NB Freq - 3000Mhz
NB Voltage - 1.3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Single threaded applications you might find your 110T will still outperform the new CPU. And I agree there are a good couple of folks, me included who would be keen to take that 1100T off your hands mate. You being in the US is no problem for me to do the deal with you. 😛
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.