cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z68 PRO -

Retired
Not applicable
I am attempting to finish my first build and I've hit an annoying snag. During POST, my mobo beeps when the status lights hit the boot device LED and it stays on. My mobo recognizes my DVD writer and my SSD as potential boot devices. I have been able to install WIN7 PRO on my SSD, but every time I turn on my computer I have to go through POST and hear that beep before the OS starts up. Any suggestions?

CONFIGURATION:

Asus z68 pro mobo
i7 2600k
mushkin callisto 60 gb ssd
ocz 750w fatality psu
ASUS DVD writer

1. I've put the boot mode to AHCI
2. I can't find quick boot in my BIOS
3. I've tried almost all of the SATA ports
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Can you characterize the sound? Is it a long tone or just a short beep? The short beep is normal with POST. Normally a long one is accompanied with some sort of message such as a keyboard error.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
It was just a short beep, but the BOOT DEVICE LED stayed on. Shouldn't the LED go off if there are no problems?

xeromist
If it's working correctly then I would guess that the indicator is a false positive. You could try completely clearing the CMOS and see if you can get it to turn off that way.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I tried resetting CMOS and the beeping still occurs. Do you know if there is any way to enable quick boot? I can't seem to find it in my BIOS and this check severely slows down my boot time.

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Check out the 0501 BIOS please and let me know if that helps..

-Raja