cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 problems

Amalphia
Level 7
Have a new G75VW with a preinstall of windows 8 on it. For the last week this has given me nothing but trouble. It crashes when just using Internet Explorer, it crashes installing a program, it's driving me nuts. So I went and bought a copy of Windows 7 Pro to put on the machine. I cannot figure out how to get it to install. Windows 8 seems to have locked down every part of the drive. I cannot run a format disc, I cannot run a memory test, and I cannot run the Windows 7 install disc.

Does anyone know of a way to delete windows 8 from the system so I can install an O/S that works?
14 REPLIES 14

Area_66
Level 11

Area_66
Level 11
You have to disable " Secure Boot " try a BIOS reset

I already did. Sorry I've been working on this all day. I have disabled secure boot up. I have changed the boot order (and it STILL doesn't boot a linux disc). I have run 2 different copies of the Windows 7 pro disc to make sure one wasn't bad. I have tried running the Win7Pro setup from both inside windows 8 and from the bios command. Win7Po gets to the shiny 4color Starting Windows screen and freezes there.

Yes I have. I have also tried forcing a boot from disc and forcing boot through the BIOS. I would love a way to format the HD into one partition to just install Win7Pro. I am not interested in keeping Win8Home, I can always buy Win8Pro later if I want to.

Amalphia wrote:
Yes I have. I have also tried forcing a boot from disc and forcing boot through the BIOS. I would love a way to format the HD into one partition to just install Win7Pro. I am not interested in keeping Win8Home, I can always buy Win8Pro later if I want to.

Can you post a screenshot or list the startup device boot options here?

I think he's trying to get rid of EUFI ? I've been trying to do the same for days now. Windows 8 is garbage, if I had even half a brain I would have looked into it before buying a system with this trash on it. Sorry but Microsoft's monopoly on windows games is bull**** and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't go near it. Thanks for giving us money, now what you paid for Isnt really yours and its going to tell you what you can and cant do with it. No thanks.

rewben
Level 13
@Amalphia, you have to disable secureboot and enable launch CSM.

Amalphia
Level 7
I am trying to just blow away everything on the drive and have just one partition to install 7 on. I'm sick of fighting with 8. I am done with it. I don't want to buy a new hd either. The one it came with is good.