cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus extreme-Z released?

Mr_Facko
Level 7
ive been searching and searching ever since i decided may 11th that i was going to wait for the rog series of z68 boards to come out. its been almost a month and i had read they would be launched at computex or soon thereafter. please anyone that could give me a better idea would be great.

on the asus international site i was able to find it in there products list but nothing else but a bunch of information with no release date or i descent idea...

im ready to call it quits and get a p8z68 deluxe but ive waited this long already just want to make sure its not coming out within the next month..

please anyone i realy wanna be a rog owner. i got to test out the x58 model and it was hands down the nicest motherboard ive seen. any responses would be mch apreciated laters dudes
33 REPLIES 33

Raja
Level 13
The Deluxe and ROG Z68 models are now officially released as far as I know. I am not sure ho long it will be before they show up at e-tailors, though.

-Raja

alecela
Level 7
Mr.Facko wrote:
ive been searching and searching ever since i decided may 11th that i was going to wait for the rog series of z68 boards to come out. its been almost a month and i had read they would be launched at computex or soon thereafter. please anyone that could give me a better idea would be great.

on the asus international site i was able to find it in there products list but nothing else but a bunch of information with no release date or i descent idea...

im ready to call it quits and get a p8z68 deluxe but ive waited this long already just want to make sure its not coming out within the next month..

please anyone i realy wanna be a rog owner. i got to test out the x58 model and it was hands down the nicest motherboard ive seen. any responses would be mch apreciated laters dudes

At computex I was told that the M4E-Z & M4G-Z should start to hit dealer's shelfs from Mid June onward. Obviously the timing will vary depending on your location and whether your dealer/distributor would choose to import these boards. I'm eagerly waiting for the M4G-Z myself.
i5-2500k @ 100 x 47 * Asus Maximux IV Gene-Z on 0403 BIOS * Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600CL9 4Gbx2 * Powercolor 6950 @ 920 2GB GDDR5 @ 5400 * Plextor PX-128M2S 128Gb * Seagate ST2000DL003 * LG CA30L BD-DVD Lightscribe * Corsair HX620 * Silverstone FT03 * ThermalRight Venomous X + TR-FBD-12-1600

Can someone please describe the PROs and CONs of p67 and z68? My knowledge of the differences between the two is somewhat blurred. Thank you 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
1. Integrated graphics support (if supported, allot of companies are turning off the on board video)
2. Use of Quicksync for video transcoding
3. SSD Caching (SSD performance with an SSD and a hard drive)

Otherwise, its the same as P67

thats the quick and dirty version

Fr0stX
Level 7
It is available at newegg.com right now!!
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i

Fr0stX wrote:
It is available at newegg.com right now!!

yeah, and the Asus site is updated with it, as well as the gene... now the hard part, is to figure out why it is cheaper.

Retired
Not applicable
there is a reason check the specs

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
there is a reason check the specs

between the extreme and extreme-z? aside from p67 and z68?

perhaps I just don't know what to look for, please share, I am all ears (eyes)

Why is it priced LOWER then the IV Extreme (p67 board) if its the same as a p67 BUT with added features? To draw people in?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSe...