cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable Jmicron in Bios?

Retired
Not applicable
I have my SSD as my OS drive and it is plugged into the red intel sata port.
But when I disable the jmicron controller in Bios, the SSD stops working.
Is there anyway around this as I have the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V10.5.0.1026 installed from the asus website.
7 REPLIES 7

Joshua_Mahr
Level 9
Top red ports or bottom red ports. Marvell controls the top two. P67 controls the bottom red two.

The Jmicron is for the esata ports

I would recommend plugging into the bottom red ports that should clear your problem.
Foo-IX : i7-3730k 4.6Ghz/ HAF XB/ASUS Z77 Deluxe-V/ Trident X DDR3-2400 4Gbx2/ HD7970 Crossfire/ SeaSonic Platinum 1000W/ H100/ Vertex4 SSD/ 3x ASUS 23" LCD-LED

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.
It is plugged into the bottom 2.
I still have to enable jmicron in bios to boot though.

Kipper
Level 10
The second set of Red is Intel controlled. I disabled the Marvel and the JMicron both and everything is working fine here on my Maximus system.

Would you capture an image of your SATA configuration as well as your on-board devices so we can take a look at your settings.

Joshua_Mahr
Level 9
OK I think I know what you might have done. Is this a new install of windows on this new mobo?
Foo-IX : i7-3730k 4.6Ghz/ HAF XB/ASUS Z77 Deluxe-V/ Trident X DDR3-2400 4Gbx2/ HD7970 Crossfire/ SeaSonic Platinum 1000W/ H100/ Vertex4 SSD/ 3x ASUS 23" LCD-LED

Retired
Not applicable
It is a new install.
I enable hot plugging and AHCI for my SSD and installed W7.
Is it not possible to disable jmicron at this stage?

Joshua_Mahr
Level 9
Did you have a drive connected to the jmicron when you installed win7?

Retired
Not applicable
Yes Joshua, only my SSD was connected.
Should I have disabled the Jmicron in Bios before installing W7?
Is there anyway around this other than reinstalling W7?
Thanks for your help.