cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with choosing gaming laptop ASAP!! PLS HELP!!

Alice
Level 7
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here so I hope I do it right
As title shows, I'm wanting to buy my first gaming laptop but unfortunately I'm a noob at this kind of things /_\
I don't consider myself as a hard-core gamer but rather a medium-core multitasking gamer (if there's something like that) I play games like Sudden Attack, MAT , wonderland online and etc. I often leave my laptop over night for gaming and I can open up to 15 or more task per time making my laptop lag or freeze.
I hope to get a gaming laptop mainly for gaming but i would also use it for internet browsing (facebook, skype and etc) and some school assiment if necessary.

If necessary, my requirements for now are :

Fast speed ( browsing Internet n gaming )
Won't lag
Can handle hard-core multitasking
Nice graphic and sound system
Good cooling system
Long lasting ( for a few years )

My max budget is RM 5500 as in about 1800$ ( I'm Malaysian )
I'm thinking of buying Asus G75VW-AS71
Can anyone give me some opinion and suggestion please? Thank you >_<

Also, can I ask will leaving the laptop for day n nights harm / damage or decrease its lifespan?
And how long can a laptop last normally?

Please help and thanks >_<
10 REPLIES 10

TSC-Ops
Level 7
i leave my bbk on for weeks at a time between reboots. dowloading and uploading items. surfing and playing the occasional game. havent had any issues yet
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

Alice
Level 7
so it wont get lag or hot after days of using?

TSC-Ops
Level 7
mine doesnt, but if you game days straight I could see it probably getting hot
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

so do u think Asus G75VW-AS71 fit my requirements?

Fast speed ( browsing Internet n gaming )
Won't lag
Can handle hard-core multitasking
Nice graphic and sound system
Good cooling system
Long lasting ( for a few years )

Alice, be patient and wait for the G75VX for about 2 weeks. It's an upgrade with better CPU and better GPU.

and thats gonna cost more right? /_\

Also a Audio system that might work well. I also suspect that the USB 3.0 will may work better. It seems that Win 8 has native usb 3 drivers, My wife's new HP touch screen win 8 is flawless using only usb 3.0. Its taken awhile to get the VW usb 3.0 working and I still have to uninstall the drivers and reinstall every no and then to keep it working
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Alice
Level 7
can Asus G75VW AS71 handle HARD-CORE multitask gaming and wont lag?

aephemerae
Level 8
VX should still be well within your budget (as far as i've seen it's floating around 1500$ here in romania), and as far as performance goes just add an ssd to it if the model you choose doesnt come with one and its going to be top notch specs and design wise (cooling). There's not really much more you could ask from a laptop as far performance goes.

PS besides an SSD some extra RAM will help out in the long run in heavy multitasking scenarios you suggest (16GB should serve you well enough unless you plan on using specialized ram hungry programs)